Valued Member
LADYBUSA

Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

I have cards with both HSBC  and First Premier and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the AF fees waved in the midst of the new credit laws? I am waiting a month or so before  I try and get a new "real" cc with Nationwide. I should be over the 700's then, so I really don't want to pay the AF for two months or so..

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
brownfox79

Re: Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

Hi LadyB,

To your question, I've had my First Premier since 04/08 and I figured it was time to close at my 2 yr. anniversary back in April. I called in and told the rep. I want to close and

she asked why. I told her I DID NOT want to pay another AF, and my scores have risen quite a bit since  opening the acct.

She said the best she could do is credit my acct. in the amount of $45, which would leave me an AF of $3 to pay.  I fell for it, not too sure if it was the right thing

to do.  But SURELY by next April they WILL get the boot.

She even noticed it's been about a year since I've even used my CC. Then she proceeded to tell me that I could continue to not use the acct. and it would still report to

the CBs. 

Valued Member
LADYBUSA

Re: Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

thank you so much...:smileywink:

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+