cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting AmEx to credit $250 bonus offer from creditcardoffers.com on BCP for phone application

tag
f1_StudentInUS

Getting AmEx to credit $250 bonus offer from creditcardoffers.com on BCP for phone application

I just discovered the bonus offer for BCP from creditcardoffers.com: it was giving $250 in rewards but since I signed up and applied for the card through the phone directly with AmEx, I got the usual offer for a $150

Is AmEx truly THAT customer friendly that they will credit me with the additional $150 if I ask them (maybe in a certain way or calling a certain number that I don't know of)?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting AmEx to credit $250 bonus offer from creditcardoffers.com on BCP for phone application

@f1_StudentInUS wrote:

I just discovered the bonus offer for BCP from creditcardoffers.com: it was giving $250 in rewards but since I signed up and applied for the card through the phone directly with AmEx, I got the usual offer for a $150

Is AmEx truly THAT customer friendly that they will credit me with the additional $150 if I ask them (maybe in a certain way or calling a certain number that I don't know of)?

possibly... if first CSR says no... escalate it to someone higher saying you are disappointed with Amex in teaming up with a 3rd party to give higher rewards than you give someone coming straight to amex Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting AmEx to credit $250 bonus offer from creditcardoffers.com on BCP for phone application

Gl! Hope you get it Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 5
TerribleTowel
Established Member

Please update back here with your method and results.  I am very curious now, I just got my BCP last month.

AMEX BCP (5.5K) - USAA AMEX (10K) - USAA PLAT STUDENT (1K) - NFCU FLAGSHIP VISA (17K) - CSP (5K) - HD (8250) - CAP1 (1250) - PP (1.5K) - USBANK (600)
OUT TO THE GARDEN: 7/27/13
Message 4 of 5
TerribleTowel
Established Member

I just got off of the phone with AMEX CSR, he said he sent the information over to the marketing dept to "try to get me enrolled into that better offer".  He stated several times that this isn't something that they normally do but it's a possibility because people rarely request it.

Any way, 7-14 days I should hear from AMEX with an answer (either in a letter or a CSR contacting me via phone).

AMEX BCP (5.5K) - USAA AMEX (10K) - USAA PLAT STUDENT (1K) - NFCU FLAGSHIP VISA (17K) - CSP (5K) - HD (8250) - CAP1 (1250) - PP (1.5K) - USBANK (600)
OUT TO THE GARDEN: 7/27/13
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.