Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Amex Plat Card Questions??

tag
syul9088
Established Member

Getting Amex Plat Card Questions??

Hi, I have done researching about amex plat card on this forum. And many people couldn't justify for the AF. I know it is very expensive that If you are not frequently traveler.

But, I have a question about getting amex plat card on my situation. Currently I got an approved to Platinum Delta Amex 3 days ago. And I did CLI for my BCP.

My score is 750ish on Experian. I have 6 revolving credit cards and 2 installment loans(Student loan and Car lease loan).

My credit card limits are Chase Freedom 8k, Discover 2750, BoA 1500, AMEX BCP 5000, AMEX DELTA PLAT 3000, BMW VISA CARD 1000. Total Credit Limits are 21,250.

And I have only 700 dollars carry balances on Chase. My Utl would be around 4%. Credit history is about 3yrs something.. I'm Kind of worry about I have 6 inquires on Experian so far this year. and I just got Amex card for this month(Delta).. Should I have to wait certain time to apply Platinum card? Or They dont care about apply 2 credit card in same month? With Amex I have only 4 months relationship..since Mar 2013.

Thank you for reading my silly qeustion!!

Chase Freedom(6k), Chase Slate(1k), Amex BCP(5k AU), Amex Plat(NPSL AU), Amex Delta Plat(3k AU)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
rex_03
Contributor

Re: Getting Amex Plat Card Questions??

I dont see why you'd have to wait. App if you NEED it, not WANT..
Message 2 of 10
syul9088
Established Member

@rex_03 wrote:
I dont see why you'd have to wait. App if you NEED it, not WANT..

I was worrying cause I got a new card on this month from Amex.. That was my concern to app to Plat.. Are they deny for app because of app too many cards on same Month? Apply 2 cards are too many?

Chase Freedom(6k), Chase Slate(1k), Amex BCP(5k AU), Amex Plat(NPSL AU), Amex Delta Plat(3k AU)

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@syul9088 wrote:

Hi, I have done researching about amex plat card on this forum. And many people couldn't justify for the AF. I know it is very expensive that If you are not frequently traveler.

But, I have a question about getting amex plat card on my situation. Currently I got an approved to Platinum Delta Amex 3 days ago. And I did CLI for my BCP.

My score is 750ish on Experian. I have 6 revolving credit cards and 2 installment loans(Student loan and Car lease loan).

My credit card limits are Chase Freedom 8k, Discover 2750, BoA 1500, AMEX BCP 5000, AMEX DELTA PLAT 3000, BMW VISA CARD 1000. Total Credit Limits are 21,250.

And I have only 700 dollars carry balances on Chase. My Utl would be around 4%. Credit history is about 3yrs something.. I'm Kind of worry about I have 6 inquires on Experian so far this year. and I just got Amex card for this month(Delta).. Should I have to wait certain time to apply Platinum card? Or They dont care about apply 2 credit card in same month? With Amex I have only 4 months relationship..since Mar 2013.

Your already a customer so if you want it and can justify the AF app

SP if denied HP if approved

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
syul9088
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@syul9088 wrote:

So If I denied then it would not be shown on my CR? 

Better wait to increase get more chance to get approval?

Sorry I don't know about this kinds of stuff.. Any comment would be great for me..

Message 5 of 10
rex_03
Contributor

^^^ +1.. OP, so what are the attractions of this card to you, as you look like you have a great portfolio right now.. The Plat is most used, and benefits wise if your a avid traveler I'd think..
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@syul9088 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@syul9088 wrote:

So If I denied then it would not be shown on my CR? Correct

Better wait to increase get more chance to get approval? Your choice you may be approved or denied 

One of the best perks of being an Amex customer is 

(1) 3X CLI's 

(2) being able to app for cards and if denied it's a SP and does not show on your CR but if approved it's a HP and will show on your CR 

Sorry I don't know about this kinds of stuff.. Any comment would be great for me..

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
syul9088
Established Member

@rex_03 wrote:
^^^ +1.. OP, so what are the attractions of this card to you, as you look like you have a great portfolio right now.. The Plat is most used, and benefits wise if your a avid traveler I'd think..

I will be travel a lot in domestic and international... Lounge and travel benefits are very attract to me.. I will be use of those benefits for high AF... 

Message 8 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

You got approved for the BCP, so chances of you getting approved for the charge card is very high.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 10
rex_03
Contributor

^^ true.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.