Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Back In With Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Back In With Chase

How long after you included them in a BK do they let you back in (if ever)?

My BK was discharged in 07 and has been off my reports for a few years now. Over the summer I appd for a FU and was denied. Called to recon and after several questions and several times on hold I was literally seconds away from being approved when she came back and asked if I had ever filed bK. I told her yes and I learned that I had a Slate Card (didn't remember every having a Chase card, oh well chemo brain will do that to you I guess)!

Since then my scores have increased and wondering now if I reset the clock with them. I often wonder if I hadn't reconned and I just waited and reapped after score increase would they have approved me based on that.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Back In With Chase

What are your FICO8 scores like now versus then?

2017 thread, same question: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/CHASE-DENIALS-BECUASE-OF-BANKRUPTCY/td-p/49...

Data points I've read here and on other forums is that Chase + BK may take 3 or even 4 recon attempts to get closer to an approval.  If you only tried recon once, you didn't recon Chase enough.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then:

EX: 620

TU: 604

EQ: 593

Now:

EX: 664

TU: 649

EQ: 638

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is you're just under the cut.  I got back in with Chase in May with a TU of 650 for Freedom Unlimited, but it was a pre-approved green check offer on the website.  I had an unpaid collection and unpaid tax lien reporting, got a $500 toy card limit that is still at $500 many statements later.

You were at 604 TU which probably is below what they'll approve regardless of BK showing or not.

At your current scores, it's tough to say because they may pull TU + EX and those are right there on the edge of what they seem to approve for some people.

Make sure your utilization is in check and you're below 5/24.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.