Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Big Girl Limits!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Getting Big Girl Limits!

@Smug wrote:
I had all the usual toy cards all limits under 1k, a few months ago I joined PSECU who gave me my first 5k card,then Barclay matched that limit,NFCU then gave me a 10k card,so my limpets have finally increased . I have closed a few store cards of small 200.00 limits I have used while rebuilding and know I will never use again. Just wond ering how everyone else is getting away from toy limits.

That right there is how you get away from toy limits. Once that 1st bank takes a shot with you it's on from there!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 58
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a catch 22 with getting high CLs - you're not gonna get one unless you already have one and you can't have one until you get one Smiley Sad

I requested a 1000 CLI on my Amex (3000 CL) after 6 months of charging 1000-1200 and paying it off completely each month. Denied. No reason given. I suspect its b/c my other CLs were in the same ballpark and they were hesitant to go any higher.

Through some consolidation I recently increased another card to 7100 CL. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling with my other creditors.

what kind of amex?

Message 22 of 58
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Smug wrote:
I had all the usual toy cards all limits under 1k, a few months ago I joined PSECU who gave me my first 5k card,then Barclay matched that limit,NFCU then gave me a 10k card,so my limpets have finally increased . I have closed a few store cards of small 200.00 limits I have used while rebuilding and know I will never use again. Just wond ering how everyone else is getting away from toy limits.

That right there is how you get away from toy limits. Once that 1st bank takes a shot with you it's on from there!!

i still cant buy the toys i want with the limits i haveSmiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalebb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a catch 22 with getting high CLs - you're not gonna get one unless you already have one and you can't have one until you get one Smiley Sad

I requested a 1000 CLI on my Amex (3000 CL) after 6 months of charging 1000-1200 and paying it off completely each month. Denied. No reason given. I suspect its b/c my other CLs were in the same ballpark and they were hesitant to go any higher.

Through some consolidation I recently increased another card to 7100 CL. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling with my other creditors.

what kind of amex?

Blue Cash Everyday

Message 24 of 58
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

what kind of amex?

Blue Cash Everyday

what is ur imcome if u dont mind?

Message 25 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Smug wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

That might be a good thing....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 58
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Smug wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

That might be a good thing....

ur right,,, im impulsive, when my wife said we need to upgrade r boat i had 1 the next daySmiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 58
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@Smug wrote:
Gardening mode for 2 years.......

Way to go Smug!!!

I've been gardening too. So far I'm doing good but I'm dying to apply for the JP Morgan Select. It's so hard to contrl myself....

congrats on the new cc as well as the new CLIs.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 28 of 58
Smug
Established Contributor

My Zync is not on here Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 29 of 58
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Smug wrote:
My Zync is not on here Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

what website is this? Smiley Surprised

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.