Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting CCs closed by issuer

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer

In case you are curious, this page gives you the full T&C's of your cards. And yes, you did agree to everything written on the document. 

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/cma.do

Message 41 of 60
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

Has anyone asked,

How does the OP have 10 accounts with Citi alone?

And what type of cards are they?

That really isn't hard.   Many people had multiple AA accounts with Citi, and you can multiple accounts of the same type over the years as they convert old cards into newer ones.

Message 42 of 60
enharu
Super Contributor

@kaiotes1 wrote:

so if i had a savings account w 100k in it and they close it they can withhold my 100k right..

not gona reply to anything thats off topic anymore

The problem is, you don't have 100k in your savings, and they are not withholding your imaginary money in your imaginary savings account.

In case you are confused: Saving accounts are accounts maintained by retail financial institutions that pay interest but cannot be used directly as money in the narrow sense of a medium of exchange (for example, by writing a cheque). These accounts let customers set aside a portion of their liquid assets while earning a monetary return. For the bank, money in a savings account may not be callable immediately and in some jurisdictions, does not incur a reserve requirement, freeing up cash from the bank's vault to be lent out with interest. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savings_account

And your original question have been answered by many people in the first few pages.

Best of luck with your refi.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 43 of 60
HiLine
Blogger

@kaiotes1 wrote:

so if i had a savings account w 100k in it and they close it they can withhold my 100k right..

not gona reply to anything thats off topic anymore

No they cannot. Here's what the T&C for savings accounts have to say on that:

"We may close your account at any time with or without cause. We may try to notify you in advance should this be necessary, but we are not obliged to do so. If we close your account, we will send you a check for your final balance, if any, minus any applicable account fees and charges."

As found here: https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=CitiSavingsPlus

Message 44 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I think this topic has ran it's course.

Good luck in your refi and any other questions regarding refi/ mortgage should be posted in the Mortgage Forum.
Message 45 of 60
HiLine
Blogger

Message 46 of 60
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I still don't understand how you have 10 cards from 1 issuer.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 47 of 60
enharu
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

He is (or was) a big fan of Citi. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 48 of 60
HiLine
Blogger

@ilovelisa wrote:

If you could have 10 cards from any 1 issuer, that issuer would be Citi. Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 60
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

What do you mean?   HOw it is possible?  Why you want to?

As I said, with Citi, the easiest way is/was churning AA cards.   In the past, each card would get a minimum of a 30K AA miles, and often much more.  You applied for 2 at once (the famous 2-browser method) maybe several times, (business and personal) and you could do the same again after a while, without having to cancel the older cards.

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.