Reply
New Member
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-25-2013
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer

i have been with citi for like 15 years.

is one card one year overkill.   is it gaming the system?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 460
Registered: ‎12-07-2012
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer


longtimelurker wrote:

ilovelisa wrote:

I still don't understand how you have 10 cards from 1 issuer.


What do you mean?   HOw it is possible?  Why you want to?

 

As I said, with Citi, the easiest way is/was churning AA cards.   In the past, each card would get a minimum of a 30K AA miles, and often much more.  You applied for 2 at once (the famous 2-browser method) maybe several times, (business and personal) and you could do the same again after a while, without having to cancel the older cards.


What I mean is how do they not have a cap on the number of accounts you can have, and how would they let you have more than 1 of the same type of accounts. 

Amex BCE $6,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $15,000 | Chase Freedom VS $10,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | DCU $4,300 | Discover It $2,900 | Local Bank MC $4,125 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $9,000 | SallieMae Rewards $11,000
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer


kaiotes1 wrote:

i have been with citi for like 15 years.

is one card one year overkill.   is it gaming the system?


Nope, it is not, if that's all you're doing.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 460
Registered: ‎12-07-2012
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer

Are they all different types. Or do you have a bunch of AA accounts like @longtimelurker said?

Amex BCE $6,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $15,000 | Chase Freedom VS $10,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | DCU $4,300 | Discover It $2,900 | Local Bank MC $4,125 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $9,000 | SallieMae Rewards $11,000
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer


ilovelisa wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

ilovelisa wrote:

I still don't understand how you have 10 cards from 1 issuer.


What do you mean?   HOw it is possible?  Why you want to?

 

As I said, with Citi, the easiest way is/was churning AA cards.   In the past, each card would get a minimum of a 30K AA miles, and often much more.  You applied for 2 at once (the famous 2-browser method) maybe several times, (business and personal) and you could do the same again after a while, without having to cancel the older cards.


What I mean is how do they not have a cap on the number of accounts you can have, and how would they let you have more than 1 of the same type of accounts. 


It is Citi's policies. You can have 2 of the same card for many reasons, such as different payment networks.

They are now limiting AA cards from what I read, but Hilton is still abusable. 

Basically if you are qualified to get approved, they will approve you.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer

[ Edited ]

ilovelisa wrote:

Are they all different types. Or do you have a bunch of AA accounts like @longtimelurker said?


People used to have 1 AA account for each payment processor. Now the limit seems to be visa + MC / AMEX, and 1 business account. So technically you can have 3.

 

What they're doing is that basically if you're qualified to be approved for credit, and that you're seeking credit, they might as well approve you. Otherwise, you'll just be taking your business elsewhere. By allowing multiple apps they basically are "locking" you in to them, since other banks might start declining you after a certain point if they feel that you have way too much CL for your income.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
New Member
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-25-2013
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer

no aa at the present time., converted that into a regular ty or ty branded citi amex. 

predominately ty cards

havent applied for a citi card over a year. i dun churn 5 apps at a time...

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 460
Registered: ‎12-07-2012
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer


enharu wrote:

ilovelisa wrote:

Are they all different types. Or do you have a bunch of AA accounts like @longtimelurker said?


People used to have 1 AA account for each payment processor. Now the limit seems to be visa + MC / AMEX, and 1 business account. So technically you can have 3.

 

What they're doing is that basically if you're qualified to be approved for credit, and that you're seeking credit, they might as well approve you. Otherwise, you'll just be taking your business elsewhere. By allowing multiple apps they basically are "locking" you in to them, since other banks might start declining you after a certain point if they feel that you have way too much CL for your income.

 


Wow, a person can have 3 AA cards alone. Thats $195 in AFs for 1 Visa, 1 Amex, and 1 business.

Amex BCE $6,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $15,000 | Chase Freedom VS $10,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | DCU $4,300 | Discover It $2,900 | Local Bank MC $4,125 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $9,000 | SallieMae Rewards $11,000
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,512
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer


ilovelisa wrote:

enharu wrote:

ilovelisa wrote:

Are they all different types. Or do you have a bunch of AA accounts like @longtimelurker said?


People used to have 1 AA account for each payment processor. Now the limit seems to be visa + MC / AMEX, and 1 business account. So technically you can have 3.

 

What they're doing is that basically if you're qualified to be approved for credit, and that you're seeking credit, they might as well approve you. Otherwise, you'll just be taking your business elsewhere. By allowing multiple apps they basically are "locking" you in to them, since other banks might start declining you after a certain point if they feel that you have way too much CL for your income.

 


Wow, a person can have 3 AA cards alone. Thats $195 in AFs for 1 Visa, 1 Amex, and 1 business.


The fees are fairly easily waived by calling.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 322
Registered: ‎09-09-2010
0

Re: Getting CCs closed by issuer

 


Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.