Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Chase CSP while already having plain Sapphire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Chase CSP while already having plain Sapphire

I recently got the CSP, having had a regular Chase Sapphire and cancelling it years ago.  Now DW wants to apply for a CSP for another 55k points (40k +  10k CPC + 5k for adding me as AU).  But she still has a regular Sapphire.  If she applies for the CSP will they try to just convert her Sapphire and we wouldn't get the bonus points?  Would it be better to cancel her existing Sapphire first, or is that unnecessary?

Chris.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting Chase CSP while already having plain Sapphire

If you apply its a whole new card and they cant just upgrade the old card.  You will get your points.  After a while just cancel the old one.

Why did you get the plastic CS?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Chase CSP while already having plain Sapphire

@JoshNurse wrote:

If you apply its a whole new card and they cant just upgrade the old card.  You will get your points.  After a while just cancel the old one.

Why did you get the plastic CS?

Well, these cards were opened up to four years ago; AFAIK, a metal card wasn't available back then.  As to why the Sapphire instead of the Preferred, that's a good question; I don't really recall.  I know we each got 25k points for the Sapphire.  Maybe at the time the CSP didn't have as much point advantage over the regular?  Maybe the A/F wasn't waived the first year for the preferred?  Or maybe I planned all along for each of us to get both cards in succession and it just seemed to make sense to get the non-preferred first.

Chris.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.