cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Citi card - Dividend Platinum Select?

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting Citi card - Dividend Platinum Select?

@mikka1 wrote:

I don't actually understand the whole point of this - they always had relatively strict acceptance criteria, so why did they limit the offering even more? Would have been much easier just to phase the card out if its economics is not that attractive for them...

I guess it got too popular for their liking, so they wanted to limit it to just their core customers within their service area footprint.

Message 11 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I got the citi dividend plat a few months ago when I was looking for a bt card that would have rewards also. As soon as I got it, I realized that the rewards weren't really suiting for me and Forward was much better based on my spending habits. They would NOT PC, which really pissed me off because it was a brand new card that hadn't even been used. They don't seem very CS oriented IMO. I'm not thrilled with the upcoming rewards categories, and as someone else pointEd out, you have to wait till you have $50 in rewards to cash out. That's $5k in purchases, based on 1% rewards. Anyway, I'd compare forward to dividend plat and see which suits your needs best. If I were going to get one today from citi, I'd get forward. Amazon, restaurants, books, movies, great categories IMO. Smiley Happy

Edited thx to iPad autocorrect! 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 13
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, The Dividend's rewards are rather lackluster. The rotating categories are nearly always useless...I think the only one I really used was they once had the 5% back for fitness memberships, so I set my gym fees to go directly through it. Other than that, I've been somewhat disappointed with the rewards. I LOVE Citi though, so I would say if you want to start a relationship with them, it's a good idea. I got the Forward a couple months after the Dividend, and I find it more useful, especially the 5x points on fast food which was, at the time, a staple in a college kid's diet. Smiley Happy

I was just approved for the ThankYou Preferred card yesterday and two soft pull CLI's, so Citi will take care of you if you treat them well.

For cash back, my Freedom and Discover More (soon to be IT) are way better, though. Unfortunately, Chase and Discover are my lowest limits by far, meanwhile the Citi ones are among my highest, so I use them a lot more. It's up to you!

Photobucket
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.