Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting EX FICO from Amex

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting EX FICO from Amex

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

When I received my BCE in Dec I did not get my Fico score by mail either.  I called and asked them for it and they gave it to me over the phone. I believe this is the number that I was told to call to get my Fico score.    800-874-2717

Thanks, I'll try that on Monday.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 31 of 39
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Any update on this?

I'm quite curious about my EX FICO as well.

Message 32 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@DarkScythe wrote:

Any update on this?

No, I didn't call them. I was too afraid that I'd raise a red flag with them. I just want to stay under the radar. Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 33 of 39
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@bichonmom wrote:

@DarkScythe wrote:

Any update on this?

No, I didn't call them. I was too afraid that I'd raise a red flag with them. I just want to stay under the radar. Smiley Happy

+1,000,000

Holy cow, a forums member who doesn't believe in baiting AmEx!!!

I'd rather have a working AmEx card than my EX FICO score any old day. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 39
FrugalRican
Blogger

@FrugalRican wrote:

I guess I'll find out in a week or two if they actually post a score on my new BCE.

The rep did say I got the best terms, so maybe it won't happen.

I knew it.
I got the "best terms" and still got my EX score from AMEX today.

It was right there in the letter they sent with my approval.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 35 of 39
DarkScythe
Valued Member

@bichonmom wrote:

Haha, this is exactly why I haven't tried calling either.

I was too chicken to even call them to ask about my CL after I got approved.

I just looked over the only thing Amex ever sent me, which was the letter with my BCE, and there's no mention of any scores in it. Smiley Sad

Citi did send me a separate "Congrats on the approval" kind of letter, but no score with that one either, since I presumably got the best rate for the Dividend card as well. This on top of Sallie Mae not sending me my TU FICO probably because it was not a factor in their denial means the gods of FICO are against me ever knowing my scores.

Message 36 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

I guess I'll find out in a week or two if they actually post a score on my new BCE.

I knew it.

They didn't send me a letter with either my Zync or Costco. All I got was the page with the card stuck to it and several pages with their terms, privacy info, etc. I have thouroughly scanned all of the papers multiple times and there is no FICO to be seen. It looks like it depends on the card you get and the terms you qualify for that determine if you're going to get it.

Message 37 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@DarkScythe wrote:

Any update on this?

+1,000,000

Holy cow, a forums member who doesn't believe in baiting AmEx!!!

I'd rather have a working AmEx card than my EX FICO score any old day. Smiley Wink

Thanks, Hauling. I kind of feel like a chicken, so I appreciate your posting that. I know the FRs are a small % of Amex holders, but still I just don't want to rock the boat. Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 39
FrugalRican
Blogger

@bichonmom wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

I knew it.

They didn't send me a letter with either my Zync or Costco. All I got was the page with the card stuck to it and several pages with their terms, privacy info, etc. I have thouroughly scanned all of the papers multiple times and there is no FICO to be seen. It looks like it depends on the card you get and the terms you qualify for that determine if you're going to get it.

Could very well be, I got the BCE. So maybe it's that, but I was surprised to see that they had it plastered on the front of the page "We pulled your score, and guess what, it's on the back of this page."

But then again, I got a Chase Freedom with the worst terms, and they never sent me squat.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.