cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting PRG offers again. What are my chances?

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Getting PRG offers again. What are my chances?

Hello friends.

While I keep ranting about how AMEX is slow in posting rewards, AMEX also keeps sending me the 50k MR offer for the PRG. 

I got one email and one post offer last year-end, and used it in early Jan to get my PRG. 

I've just received another email and another post offer - the same offer, that shows the 50k bonus. For fun, I keyed in the code from the post mailer onto the PRG app site, and the app opened for 50k bonus. The offer is valid till April-end. I do understand that there's a possibility that the mailers were sent out before I finished my previous app (though that doesn't sound right with the email offer).

Has anyone else got such offers, and does the link work the second time? I know of AMEX's policy for not offering the bonus the second time, but does it send pre-qual links in those cases anyway? 

So, if I were to press the button again, say around March-end, what's the chance that (a) the computer will accept my app and (b) that any bonus will be given?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Getting PRG offers again. What are my chances?

Marketiing 

Amex has a once in a lifetime bonus offer per card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Marketiing 

I thought so too Smiley Sad

They shouldn't tempt me like this.

So many others want the 50k offer badly.

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Marketiing 

I thought so too Smiley Sad

They shouldn't tempt me like this.

So many others want the 50k offer badly.

So true people are searching daily for this offer and can't get it....sad 

Maybe 2 years ago you could get the bonus multiple times but sadly those days are long gone and will probably never return with Amex 

I think they took a bonus killing 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the fine print on your offer, some very rare people get offers mailed to them where they can get the bonus points again as the language for once per lifetime is not there. Some people over at FT have gotten it twice, but again this is VERY rare.

Message 5 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Check the fine print on your offer, some very rare people get offers mailed to them where they can get the bonus points again as the language for once per lifetime is not there. Some people over at FT have gotten it twice, but again this is VERY rare.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check out in greater detail once my current PRG points post Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Marketiing 

+1 It's just marketing,.  Don't just respond to marketing -- whether an offer, invite, prequal, etc -- and make your own decisions.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

Has anyone else got such offers, and does the link work the second time? I know of AMEX's policy for not offering the bonus the second time, but does it send pre-qual links in those cases anyway? 

So, if I were to press the button again, say around March-end, what's the chance that (a) the computer will accept my app and (b) that any bonus will be given?

I had the same situation. I have PRG and got the same offer with new RSVP code for PRG in mailbox. So, first, I asked online representative if I have a chances to be approved for the second card. He said yes. It was instant denial. Nevermind, I beleive it was a SP.

Message 8 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

I had the same situation. I have PRG and got the same offer with new RSVP code for PRG in mailbox. So, first, I asked online representative if I have a chances to be approved for the second card. He said yes. It was instant denial. Nevermind, I beleive it was a SP.

Thanks for the data point. If it's an SP, (which sometimes is an YMMV thing), I'll be willing to play. 

Message 9 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Marketiing 

+1 It's just marketing,.  Don't just respond to marketing -- whether an offer, invite, prequal, etc -- and make your own decisions.

Thanks!

The decision here is based on marketing for me. I have no use for a second PRG unless it gives me the 50k MR (or some big bonus). In a few weeks, I'll make up my mind whether to play that gamble or not. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.