Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a 25K Limit in 10 months-

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting a 25K Limit in 10 months-

@Anonymous wrote:
Just out of curiosity, was your BoA MasterCard previously an MBNA card? I remember about 4 or 5 years ago, when the Prime Rate was around 4.0-4.5%, I frequently received preapproved offers from MBNA for credit cards that had 5.9% Fixed APRs.

Yup, it was an MBNA that I applied for a free t-shirt to get in college and it ended up being a great offer that I've kept since!
Message 11 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

pjriverap wrote:

Those are some geat CLIs fused! If you don't mind me asking, what was your HHI range during the last few (e.g. 60-80K, 80 -100K, or 100K+)? Thanks for sharing your experience!

100+K HHI
Message 12 of 17
jsmith12345
Regular Contributor

I charged my BOA up to almost max in one month ($25k at the time) and then paid it off in full (I was testing what a non-reporting CL would do to my credit report).  Then I put in for a CLI without entering the amount (you don't have to with BOA).  My scores are all mid-700's (I also bank with them, so they know my income is legit).  They doubled my CL to $50k the next day.  My strategy was to show them I used the credit they had given me, but did it responsibly....  Seemed to work, thought it might be helpful for ya.  Good luck on it!
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a side, check with the car dealership that they would take a CC payment. I have a coworker that wanted to do the same thing but was unable to, He had the credit limit and credit available to make the purchase but either the CC or the dealership would not allow to to make the transaction. (not sure which)....  It would really suck that you wold go thru all the work to get the CLI on a CC to make the purchase then one of them putting the kabash on it.

~AttaGirl
Message 14 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My Toyota dealer will take no more $1000 on a CC
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just as a side, check with the car dealership that they would take a CC payment. I have a coworker that wanted to do the same thing but was unable to, He had the credit limit and credit available to make the purchase but either the CC or the dealership would not allow to to make the transaction. (not sure which).... It would really suck that you wold go thru all the work to get the CLI on a CC to make the purchase then one of them putting the kabash on it.
~AttaGirl

good point...thanks and will do!
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjriverap wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Just as a side, check with the car dealership that they would take a CC payment. I have a coworker that wanted to do the same thing but was unable to, He had the credit limit and credit available to make the purchase but either the CC or the dealership would not allow to to make the transaction. (not sure which).... It would really suck that you wold go thru all the work to get the CLI on a CC to make the purchase then one of them putting the kabash on it.
~AttaGirl

good point...thanks and will do!

BoA might be able to provide you with convenience checks at your 5.9% APR, that a car dealer might accept.  You'd have to call BoA and inquire about this. 
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.