Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Citi DC as a student?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting a Citi DC as a student?

First of all, side note; she's in grad school and has already worked for several years. Not a fresh face outta high school Smiley Happy She has some good credit history also, too as a result.

She pays off her bills from her financial aid. Even students gotta eat...but she pays for herself, not her parents. She has financial aid + savings.

Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

So she has income lol That would have cleared up a lot of confusion from the start. She should be able to use financial aid as mentioned by others.

Does savings count as income since its money you already have? I'm not sure.
Message 12 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I did not even think to use the financial aid as income. Good thought. 

Message 13 of 60
nightglider
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So she has income lol That would have cleared up a lot of confusion from the start. She should be able to use financial aid as mentioned by others.

Indeed it does. I had to recon for the DC and when I did, I made it clear that part of my reported income was liquid assets.

Message 14 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy Cool, never knew. Thanks
Message 15 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nightglider wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed it does. I had to recon for the DC and when I did, I made it clear that part of my reported income was liquid assets.

How do you report this on your app? Say you get $X / year in financial aid, and then you have liquid savings which you use to survive of $Y. Do you just add X+Y? Cause obviously the next year, Y will be less...

Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI as an update my GF was approved for the Citi DC with a 2K limit Smiley Happy. Not sure what exact value she put in the income box but it was savings + financial aid.

Message 17 of 60
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

It asks for monthly income. How would savings be calculated into "monthly income" when it is really just money you already received, instead of a steady flow of income? 

Message 19 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it asked for annual income and monthly rent. I also recall that from my own Citi apps.

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.