Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Credit Card

tag
heyyou12
Established Member

Getting a Credit Card

Hi everybody,

I currently just have a bank of america secured credit card and of course it will vary i assume but I was wondering what credit score was the minimum you need to basically guarantee that you get approved for a regular unsecured credit card,. what that score will be that you need, I just wanted to ask you guys and gals 1st rather than getting a inquiry without getting approved, I just want to ask 1st you know.. So the safe minimum score that I need to get approved is what ?????????

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting a Credit Card

This is your only credit? have you pulled at least 1 of your scores from here at myfico?

Credit score isn't everything!

Message 2 of 21
heyyou12
Established Member

yes and yes

Message 3 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you share might be easier to suggest things

Message 4 of 21
heyyou12
Established Member

Ok,

Well i have a bankruptcy from 4 years ago, Have been and authorized signer to a mastercard that is 4 years old that is not in my name but i am getting credit for it, and has been paid always on time, that was at 100% util but i just paid that down to 0 and has not yet reported but when it does i will get hopefully  a big scores increase, and just got a secured card one month ago from bank of america, No collections no bad credit except for the bankruptcy that was from 4 years ago. Theres nothing else on my credit except for the 3 things that i have mentioned and my eq scores here on myfico is saying 663, but like i said when that 100% reports to 0 i am hopeing for a big increase, And i just wanted to know what a safe number would be before applying for a unsecured credit card

Thanks

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to look into a Capital One Standard Platinum Card. It usually has a low credit limit. But I got it last month with no credit history at all, and it reports to all three credit agencies. Just some friendly advice! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

what's your scores look like if they are in the mid 600's apply for a prime card if less go for a capital one card

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 7 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What banks were included in your BK?

I would not apply to prime banks, you have a bk... most are not going to issue you a card until you build more history.

Capital One

Barclay

are 2 very good choices to continue rebuilding.

Message 8 of 21
heyyou12
Established Member

Any capitol one card that you reccomend

Message 9 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@heyyou12 wrote:

Any capitol one card that you reccomend

go to the site and do the prequal link... if they don't say your pre-approved for one I would not apply

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.