Getting a Credit Card

Hi everybody,

I currently just have a bank of america secured credit card and of course it will vary i assume but I was wondering what credit score was the minimum you need to basically guarantee that you get approved for a regular unsecured credit card,. what that score will be that you need, I just wanted to ask you guys and gals 1st rather than getting a inquiry without getting approved, I just want to ask 1st you know.. So the safe minimum score that I need to get approved is what ?????????

Thanks

Epic Contributor

Re: Getting a Credit Card

This is your only credit? have you pulled at least 1 of your scores from here at myfico?

Credit score isn't everything!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

yes and yes

Epic Contributor

If you share might be easier to suggest things

Ok,

Well i have a bankruptcy from 4 years ago, Have been and authorized signer to a mastercard that is 4 years old that is not in my name but i am getting credit for it, and has been paid always on time, that was at 100% util but i just paid that down to 0 and has not yet reported but when it does i will get hopefully  a big scores increase, and just got a secured card one month ago from bank of america, No collections no bad credit except for the bankruptcy that was from 4 years ago. Theres nothing else on my credit except for the 3 things that i have mentioned and my eq scores here on myfico is saying 663, but like i said when that 100% reports to 0 i am hopeing for a big increase, And i just wanted to know what a safe number would be before applying for a unsecured credit card

Thanks

Established Member

You may want to look into a Capital One Standard Platinum Card. It usually has a low credit limit. But I got it last month with no credit history at all, and it reports to all three credit agencies. Just some friendly advice! :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor

what's your scores look like if they are in the mid 600's apply for a prime card if less go for a capital one card

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Epic Contributor

What banks were included in your BK?

I would not apply to prime banks, you have a bk... most are not going to issue you a card until you build more history.

Capital One

Barclay

are 2 very good choices to continue rebuilding.

Any capitol one card that you reccomend

Epic Contributor

heyyou12 wrote:

Any capitol one card that you reccomend

go to the site and do the prequal link... if they don't say your pre-approved for one I would not apply

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.