Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Third Amex Card

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Getting a Third Amex Card

@KnightRider89 wrote:

Got the SPG card in October 2013 (Global Transfer) with a 5k limit.  Probably averaging 3k a month though it varies from $500 to $5000.  Always PIF. 

So its almost been a year. Did you try for CLIs in past or didn't bother?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 15
KnightRider89

I tried a CLI on the SPG after getting the reserve card in April/May and was denied due to low score (660's at the time).  After I got the Auto-CLI to 7k I tried my luck again and was upped to 21k.

Message 12 of 15
keithB
Established Contributor

@KnightRider89 wrote:

I currently have 2 Amex cards.  One SPG Amex with a 21k Limit (was 5k until 2 weeks ago, received an auto-CLI to 7k, then requested 3x CLI to 21k) which I received last year and a Delta Reserve amex which I received in March (5k limit).  I'm trying to maximize the number of MQM's I get for Delta and am considering the Delta Platinum Amex with 50k miles and 15k MQM bonus.  Am I likely to be approved for a third card, or am I just asking for a FR.

Credit Score is about 710.  Imcome 67.5k.  AAOA 19 months.  2 inquiries in the last year.

Unless you lied about income, FRs are meaningless.

Message 13 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry but if it's down to a few hours for the bonus it's a little late to be worried about your utilization.  You're an existing member, might as well app - you have nothing to lose.

Message 14 of 15
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

You should be fine. How did it go?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.