Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a bank to report early

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a bank to report early

Hi All! I am wondering if it is possible or if anyone has experience getting bank of america to report before a few days after the statement close? I made an idiotic error and now my home closing is hinging on my husband's credit jumping back up a few points in the next few days. I paid the item that I had forgotten to pay and paid down our credit cards down.  The LO says he will do a rapid rescore but, I need to know whether those paid down cards will show and help his score.  Anyone have any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting a bank to report early

Which bank? (edit: Bank of America... didnt notice it in the post at first)

You can try calling customer service for the bank.. Presuming you paid it off in full or substantially.....

Discover will do this and some other banks.. Chase unfortunately is a harder nut to crack....

You would like a mid cycle reporting .. If you paid it in full, your more likely to get it.... Not sure about BoA though. but id try...

Might ask on this forum how you would phrase the call..... 

Good Luck...

Message 2 of 3
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting a bank to report early

Bank of America usually reports it on the date the statement cuts. I have not heard of them being willing to do a mid-cycle reporting unless you do something drastic like have the balance go up by half the trade line or closing it. Paying down the card is not something they bother to report until the statement date. You can ask a CSR to have them do a mid-cycle report but no guarantees. Overall a score can easily change by +/-20 points across the time of a month if it is pulled every day.

Generally paying down credit cards and other credit items will improve the score. For us to better tell you we really should know the whole story including what you did that was so bad.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.