New Contributor
KLGFCG

Getting a credit card after one has been closed

In Oct, 2004, I opened a Best Buy Credit Card to take advantage of promotional financing. I paid it off in October, 2005 (no lates, no derogs), and did not use the card again. It was closed by HSBC in January, 2008 for non-use. I'm generally not a big Best Buy shopper, but again, I find myself wanting to take advantage of promo rates for a "big" purchase. Will I have trouble getting a new card since they closed the other one when I didn't use it? Though the old account is one of my oldest accounts, it was also a joint account with my mom (unable to get approved alone at that time), so I don't really want to reopen it (if that's even an option). My scores as of today are TU 760, EQ 754. Thoughts?
Regular Contributor
sports1965

Re: Getting a credit card after one has been closed

u should have to problem getting approved for a new best buy account

make sure u apply in store 

Frequent Contributor
ladydi

Re: Getting a credit card after one has been closed

sports1965 wrote:

u should have to problem getting approved for a new best buy account

make sure u apply in store 

in store better?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}