cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a major card with four store cards already.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a major card with four store cards already.

I am 25 years old and purchased a home (well got a home loan) at the age of 23 with an apr of 3.75% able to afford it comfortably as long as I remain responsible.

Currently I have four store credit cards. Two from Synchrony bank (one though HH greg sitting at $0.0 used to finance my tv the other though portmans music used to finance a keyboard and mixer six months intrest free looking to pay off in four) one samsclub card for bulk purchases every few months always payed off, and one bass pro shop card though mastercard and BofA 

When I got my bank of america card they sent me a letter saying my FICO score was siting at 756 via experian.

Currently my balances sit at

0/3000

0/6100

346/4500 (financing with this card payed off in two months)

380/1000 (will not carry balance)

I am wanting to get a cash rewards or similiar card to use instead of my debit card for most purchases for saftey reasons and have been looking at the discover-it card as I get an affer every other week or so from them.

Will having this card negatively effect my credit and if so will it do so enough to impact me seeing as my score is what it is at my age.

Im not planning on refinancing my home loan in the next few years though I know my credit is much better than when I originated the loan for 130k

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting a major card with four store cards already.

You should be able to qualify for most things right now, but your limits might start lower if you are new to a lender.  If you want cash back you should look at the Citi DoubleCash (which is known for low limits) or a Capital One Quicksilver, which has lower rewards but is much friendlier to use.  If you never carry a balance, you should apply after you pay off your current balances prior to statement cut and let them report $0, with perhaps one card reporting about 1%.  That will get you the highest possible limits.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.