cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a second US Bank Cash Plus? Data point?

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Getting a second US Bank Cash Plus? Data point?

Is it possible to get a second Cash Plus credit card at least 6 month after getting the first one? I know someone here has two cash plus cards but one of theirs was PC'd. Just wondering if anyone has successfully applied for the second cash plus... And how far apart in between two apps?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Getting a second US Bank Cash Plus? Data point?

Not quite the same by my wife and I have a joint US Cash Plus (i.e. both are names are on the statement) and she kept getting pre-approved offers for another Cash Plus. We eventually used one (after a year or so) and she got her own card as well.

Message 2 of 5
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Not quite the same by my wife and I have a joint US Cash Plus (i.e. both are names are on the statement) and she kept getting pre-approved offers for another Cash Plus. We eventually used one (after a year or so) and she got her own card as well.

This is interesting. It's nice that she got pre-approval for cash plus after having joint account on cash plus. Wondering if I can still apply for a second cash plus without preapproval...

Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

THey sent her another one recently, which we ignored.  But next time, I am tempted to see if she can get a second of her own.   We are maxing out on one of the categories with two.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to open a checking & savings account with them in person, apply and approved for my first Cash + in June.

I then applied over the phone for my second Cash + and was approved in late July.

TU Fico at the time was around 809. So it is possible to have two Cash + cards. Also have a Flex Perks from February of this year for the Olympics promotion.

ARS and IDA reports are both frozen as well if that helps. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.