Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting additional CC's with Banks you already have 1 with

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Getting additional CC's with Banks you already have 1 with

So it seems that CHASE is a big follower of this. What ever your First card with them if you use it for a little while and get a second it seems they Jump up your LIMIT dramaticaly as long as your Credit scores have stayed the same or gotten better over your time with them.

Does any other bank do this as much as Chase?? Do they all do this?? Do some banks not do this at all??

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Getting additional CC's with Banks you already have 1 with

Well... What business doesn't value their current customers?

...Uh... Besides Comcast, I mean.

Also, once you're "in", internal score tends to play a much bigger role in credit decisions than just base FICO score.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Also, once you're "in", internal score tends to play a much bigger role in credit decisions than just base FICO score.

Agreed with this, Barclay has proven this to me time and time again.  Discover is close on their heels but I haven't been a customer of theirs as long as Barclay. I couldnt believe I got instant approval for Sallie Mae card with 30% UTIL, and 20+ INQs, not to mention two other Barclay cards with balances on them as well.    Internal score and good relationships can and will go a long way with many lenders. 

Message 3 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Stralem wrote:

Very true!

It's been mixed, but just because I'm "in" doesn't mean I've always yielded better limits:

Amex first revolver was approved for $2k, second for $8k and third for $2k.

BoA first card $2.5k (on recon), second card $5k, third card $15k, fourth card $5k

Chase first card $2k (on recon), second $8k (on recon), third card $12k, fourth card $8k (after reallocation), fifth card $6k

Citi first card $3k, second card $6.5k, third card $6.5k, fourth card $8k, fifth card $8k, sixth card $10k (after reallocation), seventh card $6k (after reallocation

Message 4 of 15
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the input everyone. and B335 your banking chart is a awsome set of data points and visual aid. Def Second cards lift to CL's and the ones at the back end all are probally up against their banks intenal amount they want to risk with us/you.

Message 5 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I must have done something right with Amex to be able to get two more additional cards with them and relatively not too long after I got my first. I basically waited two months and apped again and was surprised at the results. got tons of inquries but low overall utilization and relatively low utilization on the cards I use. The limit on the EveryDay card was a little bit more than my starting limit that I got on my Delta card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

Very true!

It's been mixed, but just because I'm "in" doesn't mean I've always yielded better limits:

Amex first revolver was approved for $2k, second for $8k and third for $2k.

BoA first card $2.5k (on recon), second card $5k, third card $15k, fourth card $5k

Chase first card $2k (on recon), second $8k (on recon), third card $12k, fourth card $8k (after reallocation), fifth card $6k

Citi first card $3k, second card $6.5k, third card $6.5k, fourth card $8k, fifth card $8k, sixth card $10k (after reallocation), seventh card $6k (after reallocation

LOL, and people look at me for going back for more and more from the same place! I LOVE IT!!! 

Message 7 of 15
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Please anyone that has gotten multiple CC's with the same BANK chime in with your Cards and What limits you got on second and third or more cards.

Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

Please anyone that has gotten multiple CC's with the same BANK chime in with your Cards and What limits you got on second and third or more cards.

Partner:

1. Chase Freedom $1500 2008

2. Chase Slate $9k 2013

Combine Slate to Freedom $10,500 2013

3. Chase CSP $27k 2014

4. Chase Slate $5k 2014

Message 9 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

(2/13)Capital One Platinum 500   

(3/13)Capital One Platinum 500

(8/13)Citi Dividend 1200 

(3/14)Citi TYP 4500

(8/13)Chase Slate 2500   

(9/13)Chase Amazon Sig 4000(yes, that was the starting limit for the siggy not 5,000) 

(9/13)Paypal Extras 3000

(10/13)Walmart 1700(instantly turned to 3000 on recon before card arrived)  

(4/14)Amazon 1700

Comenity Victoria Secret 750

Comenity Mypoints 1500

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.