cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting additional cards for people in different country.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting additional cards for people in different country.

Hi everyone ,
My parents live in a different country. I want to let them use my credit card. I know I cannot add them as authorized user as they don't have SSN. Is there any other way ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting additional cards for people in different country.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone ,
My parents live in a different country. I want to let them use my credit card. I know I cannot add them as authorized user as they don't have SSN. Is there any other way ?

What credit card?  Other than American Express, most don't ask for a SSN to add an AU

Message 2 of 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone ,

My friend has added his father as a AU on his CSP. He doesn't live in the USA.

CSP makes great sense because of the no FTF for use outside the USA.

However I'm not sure if the bank will send the card outside of the country. My friend sent it by courier I think.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I add my parents on any of these cards ?   chase southwest , cap1 venture , Barclays arrival, discover it. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I add my parents on any of these cards ?   chase southwest , cap1 venture , Barclays arrival, discover it. 

I assume you can do it with any of those cards you mentioned. The only way to know for sure is to try it. You might have some issues if one card is used in the US and the other is used out of the country; they may think it's fraud, but I'm sure you could clear it up quickly if that happens.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover is probably not a good choice, as its acceptence is limited outside of the US.  I think they're on the JCB or Diners Club networks.  It's not universally accepted IN the States, so I question its acceptance internatonally.

You also want something with no foreign fees.  All Cap 1 cards qualify, as does Citi's AAdvantage.  I am pretty sure that Southwest has a FTF.

Message 6 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Unless something changed but cap1 requires ssn for AU. At least they required it for when i added DH and sister.

Chase doesn't require SSN.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.