Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting approved for Chase Amazon Visa?

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

Getting approved for Chase Amazon Visa?

Do you guys think this is feasible? Since October, I've applied and been approved for:

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: $5,000

Chase Freedom Visa: $3,000

Discover More: $4,000

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: $1,500

Too many inquiries? Smiley Mad I don't want to get denied but at the same time I'm doing most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting approved for Chase Amazon Visa?

You going have to move some CL from your other two Chase cards. Chase cares about total amount of credit you already have with them.

Message 2 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

Do you guys think this is feasible? Since October, I've applied and been approved for:

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: $5,000

Chase Freedom Visa: $3,000

Discover More: $4,000

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: $1,500

Too many inquiries? Smiley Mad I don't want to get denied but at the same time I'm doing most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon!

You can't have a VISA signature unless you have at least a 5k CL. You probably have the regular US Bank cash rewards card.

Chase will probably low ball you with the CL for a third card with them. I agree with the other poster. They may ask you to close out a card or move your CL over to approve you for a Chase Amazon.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 15
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

If I were you I would just app for the amazon store card.  They have great 0% deals and a GE account will grow with you faster than Chase will IMO and CLI's are only SP's. If you are more interested in rewards give the Citi Forward a look at.  But for a more guaranteed approval go with the store card

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 15
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I have a Chase United Mileage Plus card and I WISH they would allow me to move its credit limit to one of my other three Chase cards. But I digress.

ImageImageImage

Message 5 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 15
ssmith891
New Contributor

Nope sorry maiden_girl, it's the Visa Signature. They sent me the Cash+ 3 weeks after sending me my cash rewards and told me to destroy my cash rewards. Then told me the Cash+ is the only card on the account. Read my previous thread.

But anyways, I guess I'll just hold out for a while then.
Message 7 of 15
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@slarano wrote:

I have a Chase United Mileage Plus card and I WISH they would allow me to move its credit limit to one of my other three Chase cards. But I digress.

I was given the option of moving credit from one of my other cards to the CSP when I was approved for the CSP (CSP initial CL was 5000).  The rep said since you're not using your Explorer card that much (I have a Club Visa that I use more) do you want to move some credit from the Explorer? I said you can move 2000 from the Explorer to the CSP to give the CSP a 7000 limit, and that's what they did.

Message 8 of 15
bs1234
Valued Member

Doesn't the Citi Forward card give a good deal on Amazon (5 TY points, worth maybe 4%)?  That way (if they approve of course) you won't need to split your Chase CLs.

Message 9 of 15
tray
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You going have to move some CL from your other two Chase cards. Chase cares about total amount of credit you already have with them.

Not necessarily true, I was just approved for the chase amazon visa end of last month and did not have to move any of my credit limits from my other chase cards, I was approved for a $5,000.00 cl, and I already have a $5,000.00 limit on my freedom card and a $10,000.00 limit on my sapphire preferred.  So I say to the OP I would try and go for this card if you really want it, especially when it is the season of givingSmiley Wink  Good Luck.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.