Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting approved for Chase Hyatt Visa?

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

Getting approved for Chase Hyatt Visa?

I applied and was approved for the CSP back in October with a $5k limit, the Freedom about a month after with a $3k limit, and also have a Chase checking account. I've paid off both in full each month since then. Is it too soon to apply for the Hyatt? The annual free night and 2 night sign up bonus are really tempting me, especially with Valentines day coming up.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting approved for Chase Hyatt Visa?

You can try but I have a feeling you won't get it. Given they only gave you the bare minimum of 5k on the CSP and less than that (3k) for the Freedom, they'll probably deny you for the Hyatt and say they want to see how you handle those new accounts first.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 5
ednajen
New Contributor

I am not a credit expert, therefore you should take the following information with a grain of salt. I was approved yesterday for the Hyatt card and my highest limit was 3k on my Jareds credit card.  I also have no prior relationship with Chase.  Our reports are different so I couldn't tell you, but there is a recent thread on someone receiving multple cards from Chase, I would check that out.  I've also read that if you already have a 5k limit you are more likely to be approved.  There are probably other things you need to take into account but I thought I would share my experience. 

Go to cards: Amex BCE , CSP, Discover IT, Amex Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 5
ssmith891
New Contributor

Well it sounds like the Chase Marriott might actually be a better card after some research. I fear not being approved for either though.

Message 4 of 5
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

Well it sounds like the Chase Marriott might actually be a better card after some research. I fear not being approved for either though.

The issue here isn't with your overall credit profile, since Chase has already given you 2 cards. It's just that lenders often don't want to give too many new accounts to someone in such a short amount of time.

If you use the cards that you have regularly and always PIF, you have a good chance to get a 3rd Chase card in another 3-6 months. Internal scoring and usage plays an important role in how Chase evaluates existing cardholders who apply for additional credit.

I actually think the Hyatt card is the overall better product, but if you're heavily invested in Marriott (as I am currently) or if Marriott fits your travel patterns better, then you should go with that instead.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.