Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting approved for a health care credit card

I am looking at getting a health care credit card from one of these companies:

CitiHealth

CareCredit

Springstone 

or Chase Health Advance

in order to pay for my braces (they're no more than $3,500)

I figure it would be a good way to build my credit and I could pay it off fairly quickly - possibly within a year or so.  However, since I haven't got any credit would it be hard to get approved for one of these - maybe just higher rates?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting approved for a health care credit card

Do you know what your EQ report looks like?  Score?  Baddies? 

GE Money Bank/Care Credit checks EQ.  They give a decent limit & if you need more than they offer you can  call & ask.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit was very easy to get. What I requested is what they gave me. They did pull equifax, but they have not reported to any of the 3.
Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I have around 675+ across the board including EX likely as all three reports are identical but for the inquiries. One baddie (CO) and its corresponding CA from 2006 but 6 good CC accounts with clear payment history and 5 of them are open. AAoA of 1 year(will be 2 in a couple of months). Carecrredit just denied me. So did Crap one. I thought I made good apps. How easy are they? Recons work with them? 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If CareCredit declined, then try Chase Health.  CareCredit pulls EQ and Chase pulls EX, so they won't see each other inquiries, and it will spread them out across CRA's so you don't end up with too heavy an inq load on any single CRA.

It really depends on your CR's.  I have seen lower scores get approved, but the derogs were a bit older, plus I have seen approvals on CareCredit with existing Tax Liens and old CA.

But who can say. 

Good Luck!

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Alas!..the single CO I have is from Chase. Will wait it out now. Went on an app(gamble)ing spree and gotta call it a day.

ETA: I applied for the Cap one MTV visa..which perhaps has stronger requirements...I apped anyway cause thats what I was recommended and  the online rep also told me during the chat that they would consider me for other cards automatically if I dont qualify for the one I applied for....

I thought I knew not to trust these guys without verifying...but..well...

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 01-01-2010 08:30 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.