Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 803
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability

I want to press the button! However, I fear that darn button!!

100% Ficos: EX 773 , TU 780, EQ 771 Inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-2/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $19,400~ Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,982
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability

personally don't care what it is, so I've never touched it.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
New Contributor
Posts: 109
Registered: ‎08-12-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability

What does FR stand for?

 

i just got the Platinum and was tempted to check the spending ability but changed my mind. 


Current: 12/6/12 708 Exp Fico
Goal Score: 740then Garden
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 378
Registered: ‎03-31-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability


Aspireto850 wrote:

What does FR stand for?

 

i just got the Platinum and was tempted to check the spending ability but changed my mind. 


Financial review:

 

In a few months they may invite you to register your card as a revolver on specified charges.

 

In that letter they will disclose the amount you can revolve on the card.  My letter stated that your revolving charges can not exceed 35K.

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability


pdog661 wrote:

Aspireto850 wrote:

What does FR stand for?

 

i just got the Platinum and was tempted to check the spending ability but changed my mind. 


Financial review:

 

In a few months they may invite you to register your card as a revolver on specified charges.

 

In that letter they will disclose the amount you can revolve on the card.  My letter stated that your revolving charges can not exceed 35K.

 

 

Mine did to, i don't think they would actually let me charge 35k though! 

 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability


ryanbush wrote:

pdog661 wrote:

Aspireto850 wrote:

What does FR stand for?

 

i just got the Platinum and was tempted to check the spending ability but changed my mind. 


Financial review:

 

In a few months they may invite you to register your card as a revolver on specified charges.

 

In that letter they will disclose the amount you can revolve on the card.  My letter stated that your revolving charges can not exceed 35K.

 

 

Mine did to, i don't think they would actually let me charge 35k though! 

 


Yup my biz green card got the same treatment; its now a charge card revolver :smileyvery-happy:

 

And my Zync goes up to 15K for spending ability which is nice


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,067
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability

I think the up to $35K bit is just part of the terms of the Pay Over TIme or Extended Pay feature.  I don't think that is related to your spending ability.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Posts: 109
Registered: ‎08-12-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability

so are you saying that there is a possible of Amex doing a F R(financial review) if I check the spending ability button and they could convert my charge card to a revolver without my request? Or are you saying they could add revolver privileges to the charge card?

 

thanks


Current: 12/6/12 708 Exp Fico
Goal Score: 740then Garden
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability


Aspireto850 wrote:

so are you saying that there is a possible of Amex doing a F R(financial review) if I check the spending ability button and they could convert my charge card to a revolver without my request? Or are you saying they could add revolver privileges to the charge card?

 

thanks


It is possible to trigger a FR at anytime including playing with the spending ability button.

 

The pay over time was offered to me and its still technically a charge card and reports as a charge card. 


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Getting brave w/ Amex spending ability


Aspireto850 wrote:

so are you saying that there is a possible of Amex doing a F R(financial review) if I check the spending ability button and they could convert my charge card to a revolver without my request? Or are you saying they could add revolver privileges to the charge card?

 

thanks


the did NOT convert your charge card to a revolver.  after you have had a revolver for a while they will allow you to revolve a charge if necessary...  DO NOT do this unless it is last resprt for 1. the interest rate is pretty high  2. there have been reports that AMEX will close your account if you do this often.

 

also not all charges are available for Pay Over Time, only larger ones.  

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.