Regular Contributor
Carlile92

Getting inquries removed or grouped!!!!!!

I have alot of inq on all of my reports and a good amounT are by a couple of the same lenders just different times and wanted to know is it possible to contact the company and have them removed or at least grouped to count as one if made very close together and also auto loans can I have those grouped into one
Discover more(1000) cl my heavy use and pif card-----Kay/Jared's jewlers 1300 cl on each-----Amazon card 400 cl-----Walmart 900 cl----Cap one no hassle cash rewards 500 cl stingy bums ----Barclay apple card 1000 cl----chevron gas card 500cl----Bofa cash rewards 600 cl---carnival 500 cl care credit--1000cl--penfed PLOC-500 Oldnavy store card 1000 cl
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
-Cain-

Re: Getting inquries removed or grouped!!!!!!

I don't think you'd be successful in asking them to be grouped, but the auto loans should only count as one in regards to your FICO scoring.

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 734 11/2012 (PSECU), TU98 695 9/2012
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
AndyK

[ Edited ]

Auto loan inquiries should only count as one if they're within a short period (14-45 days depending on the scoring model).

General inquiries outside of that.. no, there's really nothing you can do. If they're legitimiate inquiries, then they belong on the report and you can't really get rid of them. You'll just have to wait the 12 months for them to stop hurting your score.

If you had an inquiry for something random that you didn't approve - then you might be able to get the creditor to remove it. However, any kind of permissable purpose (applying for new credit, or a credit line increase, or to unsecure a card, etc) is a valid inquiry and you're stuck with it.

I ended up having a ton of inquiries on my EQ report (like twice as many as I thought I did), so now I'm stuck in the same boat - just have to wait for them to age off the report. They drop off your report after 24 months, and should stop hurting your score after 12.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

To add to what was said about the auto loans (and mortgage apps, for others): they won't show as being "grouped" on your reports, but the FICO scoring formulas will count all the related inqs in a certain time frame (varies by report) as just one.

So all will display, but only one in that time frame will count.

It sounds like you have a lot of other inqs, too. For those who DON'T have a lot of inqs, other than a clump for an auto loan or mortgage, you might get turned down for a CC for too many inqs. That's a computer doing the thumbs-down which only counts up the inqs. Call into the lender and ask for a human to look at your report, and explain that you weren't out trying to finance six cars; you just had six inqs for one attempted car purchase.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}