Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my BoA CC to report AU to CRs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting my BoA CC to report AU to CRs

I added my DW as an AU on my BoA account about 2 months ago. My last statement posted on 2/24 and I was hoping then the account would be added to her CRs then but nope, still as of today, nope. So I called BoA, chatted then called again and they were telling me so much conflicting information. She got a card and has been using it. BoA told me tonight that they don't report AU accounts to the CRAs but based on searches here I have found many users who's AU accounts from BoA are in fact being reported. They said only the primary cardholder and co applicants are reported. What do I need to do to get this AU account reported for her? Is there a number I can call to get connected to an informed BoA person who can get this done? How long has taken others to get their BoA AU accounts reported? I really want this to get this account listed on her reports so that her young thin credit file will have a better shot at getting in with BoA. Although tonight's experience with them was greatly annoying and such they are still a good lender.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Getting my BoA CC to report AU to CRs

Im not sure how long before BofA will take to report AU or if they still report, but i see on your sig you have a couple of cap1 cards. Have you added her as AU on these? They report AU's to the 3 cr agencies. Also, if your DW does not have her own cc, have her apply for a cap1 rebuilder card. She can use the card for 6 months to show history and then apply for BofA.

That's what I did for my DW. Added her as AU on a couple of cards that reported and then opened a secured card with our CU. After 6 months, she was approved for the Alaska Air cc. She had a very thin file at that time as well.

Message 2 of 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

In my experience with them they don't report AU's.  I was added to my parents' 30 year old B of A card (same last name) and a good friend's 20 year old B of A card -- a year ago -- and neither one reports.  I tried to get them to report it and they won't.

I hope you have better luck but I think this is how they do it.

Everybody else I was added to (Cap 1, Barclay's, a couple of credit unions) all reported me as an AU.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

She is AU on my 4y C1 card and I want her on my 2y BoA card as well. The other accounts are 3 months or younger so the effects would be little if any. The BoA would add another 2 years of payment history and boost her AAoAs. We got a joint mortgage in 12/14 and she got her first two CCs in 12/14 and 1/15 from C1.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was added to my wife's BoA card a few years back and it showed on my reports.

Message 5 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
She is AU on my 4y C1 card and I want her on my 2y BoA card as well. The other accounts are 3 months or younger so the effects would be little if any. The BoA would add another 2 years of payment history and boost her AAoAs. We got a joint mortgage in 12/14 and she got her first two CCs in 12/14 and 1/15 from C1.

Based on the responses from other members, it seems like they were reporting at one point, and then probably changed the policy.

But it looks like she is well on her way to establishing credit. Since she has her own cc, just tell her to use it and make sure to pif or pay at least double the minimum monthly. She doesnt have to be an AU to your BofA to be approved for one of their card in the near future. Like i said, my wife got one of their cards just by being an AU on a some of my own cc's for about 8 months and having her own secured cc with great usage and payment history for 6 months. 

If you have to recon an app, it will be better for her profile when a credit analyst sees she has her own cc with a good track record. Makes for a much better argument as opposed to having history on just AU accounts. Analysts cannot determine if history on AU account is based on her spending on if she is just riding on the history of the cc owner. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Her being added would boost her AAoA by about by almost a year which would boost her scores. The plan is to continuing building her own trade lines but this thread isn't about that. It's about getting BoA to report the TL for her. There has to be someone within BoA that can get this done. Wanting to get her an BoA CC asap as possible and I know having this AU account will help some if even a little. Even with no AU accounts and in a year with her 1 year mortgage, 2 CCs and store card that she won't need my help at all but I'd rather get it done sooner. Our goal is getting us both with all FICOs above 720 so we can refinance our mortgage. Read many threads where BoA were reporting AU even recently. I just got to find the right person as these frontline CSRs are unable to get it done. Maybe I'll have to go thru BoA EO. Anyone have their contact info?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.