Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting off Amex AU Reporting...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting off Amex AU Reporting...

Well I called Amex Credit Reporting.  They said if I don't want the AU reporting, I simply have to request it but must do so using the account # from the credit report (which isn't shown on MyFico) so I'm going online to get it and will ask them to end reporting.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting off Amex AU Reporting...

From what I've seen other members post, it should be just as simple as removing yourself as AU and then waiting for them to update the report the following month, as Amex reports about a month off.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mother doesn't remember if she remembered to remove me. ONe reason she has gotten in trouble is she has been providing 24/7 home care for my father for several years now, dealing with medicaid/medicaire, bills, doctors, nurses, etc.  

In any event, the agent said that one could decide whether to be reported as AU or not.

Message 3 of 4
Scamp
Valued Contributor

nyccc2 wrote:

My mother doesn't remember if she remembered to remove me. ONe reason she has gotten in trouble is she has been providing 24/7 home care for my father for several years now, dealing with medicaid/medicaire, bills, doctors, nurses, etc.  

In any event, the agent said that one could decide whether to be reported as AU or not.

nyccc2, I'm pretty sure that, if you're just AU and not joint, you can just call the CCC and remove yourself, which I think is what Fretless meant.  Might be faster/easier than mucking around with reporting.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.