Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready to apply for Zync; guess my new scores

tag
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Getting ready to apply for Zync; guess my new scores

So, the time is almost here.  I've been waiting patiently to apply for an Amex Zync for the past month, since I want to apply with the strongest CR possible.  I paid my WF Visa right before the statement cut, and I got a CLI on my Discover.  So, my util has gone from $1,700/$3,500 last month to $35/$4,000 this month.

My statements have cut, but my CRs haven't updated yet.  I don't know my FICO for experian (what Amex will likely pull), but Score Watch has my Equifax sitting at 651.  Anyone care to guess what my EQ will jump to?  I'm guessing I'll get a bump of around 15 points, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a little more.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting ready to apply for Zync; guess my new scores

How's the rest of your file?

My ex score was probably around 650 ish and was approved for Zync NPSL 2 months ago with a credit file that not thick, some new credit, and a 4 year old repo.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 14
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

AAoA: 5 years

Pretty good credit mix; SLs, auto loan, CCs.

Only 2 Inqs on Experian: My WF Visa (December 2011), and my auto loan in April (there are a couple different HPs, but from my understanding, they collectively only count as 1).

Only negs on my CR are lates on my SLs, but there are some bad ones (120+; most recent is Aug '11).

Had an Amex Gold from 2006-2009; they closed it when I was late with a payment, but I paid in full very shortly thereafter.  Called the Amex reserves dept to check on the status of it, and they have it showing as closed and paid in full.

Message 3 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@LionLaw wrote:

AAoA: 5 years

Pretty good credit mix; SLs, auto loan, CCs.

Only 2 Inqs on Experian: My WF Visa (December 2011), and my auto loan in April (there are a couple different HPs, but from my understanding, they collectively only count as 1).

Only negs on my CR are lates on my SLs, but there are some bad ones (120+; most recent is Aug '11).

Had an Amex Gold from 2006-2009; they closed it when I was late with a payment, but I paid in full very shortly thereafter.  Called the Amex reserves dept to check on the status of it, and they have it showing as closed and paid in full.

Not only do I think you could get a NPSL zync; so long as that gold does not/has not, showed up as a paid-collections acct on your CRs, you'll will get a zync backdated (or should -- are you still able to log into amex.com? are you cable to produce your old amex acct number?)

www.whogavemecredit.com can give you an idea of approval scores.

Message 4 of 14
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm excited for the backdating.

I hope you're right about the NPSL Zync, but I'd be perfectly happy with the $500/Autopay version.

Message 5 of 14
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

And my old amex currently shows as a positive TL on my CR - no lates, no collection status.  Though internally at amex, since the account was closed before it was paid in full, they have it on file as a "collection account."

Message 6 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@LionLaw wrote:

And my old amex currently shows as a positive TL on my CR - no lates, no collection status.  Though internally at amex, since the account was closed before it was paid in full, they have it on file as a "collection account."

You need to app that thing - go go go

Message 7 of 14
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Not yet!  My new statements have to post to my CR first.  I'll app next week.  Fingers crossed... I'll be very psyched if I get approved.

Message 8 of 14
rtw
Established Contributor

LionLaw, I say go for it. I got approved for the Zync last night. I only app'ed because I wanted to know if I was on the blacklist. Once I was approved I app'ed for the Gold and was approved for that too. Unfortunately, I didn't get the backdating but I am just glad to be back in the Amex family. Good luck!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

rtw, so you didn't have a problem with AMEX by apping twice for Zync then Gold? Usually I hear that by applying for credit numerous times within a time frame can be a bad idea because lenders get suspicious of the need for credit. Correct me if I'm misunderstood, thank you. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.