Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting really sick of BoA visa

tag
slg
New Contributor

Getting really sick of BoA visa

I received fraud alert from boa for the 3rd time in a year. It seems that for the 3rd time they have closed my account and re issued new cards to me without informing me first. The first 2 times I have been understanding but a third time warrants them to provide me with some information. I called them yesterday and they told me that the problem was not with bank of America but with visa themselves. I don't know if I believe anything they say now because I have never had any trouble with my other visa cards. Anyone else have this trouble? I'm sure I'm not the only one as they have been doing this is mass amounts to people for a while now. I've even been told that it's a vendor that I shopped at. If that's the case then tell me who can't keep my info safe and I'll stop shopping there!   Now I have to wait for new cards, activate them,cans switch all of my reoccurring charges. 

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting really sick of BoA visa

@slg wrote:

I received fraud alert from boa for the 3rd time in a year. It seems that for the 3rd time they have closed my account and re issued new cards to me without informing me first. The first 2 times I have been understanding but a third time warrants them to provide me with some information. I called them yesterday and they told me that the problem was not with bank of America but with visa themselves. I don't know if I believe anything they say now because I have never had any trouble with my other visa cards. Anyone else have this trouble? I'm sure I'm not the only one as they have been doing this is mass amounts to people for a while now. I've even been told that it's a vendor that I shopped at. If that's the case then tell me who can't keep my info safe and I'll stop shopping there!   Now I have to wait for new cards, activate them,cans switch all of my reoccurring charges. 

Its happened to me as well, most recently a couple of weeks ago. I got a fraud alert email and had to call in to verify that I didn't make the purchase. Although this is only the second time, it all happened this year. None of my other Visa CCs have been affected, only the one with BoA. It seems that something in their system may have been compromised causing our accounts to be vulnurable...all assumptions, however.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 2 of 6
wche
Regular Contributor

happened to me twice last year too... its frustrating 

Message 3 of 6
Imua
Frequent Contributor

i've had a BofA visa for almost 5 years... never had this happen to me

i wonder if it is one of the vendors the OP used??

Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I had 3 fraud alerts on my cap1 in the first month or so of having it. The last fraud alert ended up with then changing my account number without telling me. I called up cap1 to complain and they gave me a 50$ statement credit, so when in doubt, call up and complain. I know they're different banks but it cant really hurt.
Message 5 of 6
slg
New Contributor

It has to be something internally with boa. Each time it's happened I've called and they have either said its visa or a vendor. What is most frustrating to me is the updates on the credit reports. They always change it to lost or stolen and it makes me look like I lose my cards. If its their fault they should atleast say customer info compromise on banks side instead of making me look like a tool to my other creditors

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.