cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting stubborn with cards that wont increase their limits!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting stubborn with cards that wont increase their limits!

So my discover and bank of america cards wont go up in limits despite $3000 and $6000 respectively PIF over the last several months.. So now I've been using my chase freedom and amex heavily instead in spite of discover and boa hahahaha! Does anyone else do this? When a card doesn't go up in limit, you switch to other cards (assuming no benefits for rewards are being sacrificed) and use those other cards much more often out of spite! Ha!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting stubborn with cards that wont increase their limits!

No I dont stop using if they wont increase the limit, increasing the limit is not a big deal to me. I sock drawer some of mine for lack of rewards and use them enough to keep open.

Message 2 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my discover and bank of america cards wont go up in limits despite $3000 and $6000 respectively PIF over the last several months.. So now I've been using my chase freedom and amex heavily instead in spite of discover and boa hahahaha! Does anyone else do this? When a card doesn't go up in limit, you switch to other cards (assuming no benefits for rewards are being sacrificed) and use those other cards much more often out of spite! Ha!

YES.

Message 3 of 32
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't you get the Discover card a few months ago, did your reported income go up from what you previously  posted? If it hasn't dramatically increased I wouldn't expect any CLI for at least a year of history, and when/if they do CLI expect very low increases.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 4 of 32
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't you get the Discover card a few months ago, did your reported income go up from what you previously  posted? If it hasn't dramatically increased I wouldn't expect any CLI for at least a year of history, and when/if they do CLI expect very low increases.

+1

what do you expect..you have your Discover card only 3 months...remember credit is not a race..it is a marathon...patience patience patience...Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income nearly tripled

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, plenty of users here encourage to call in for a discover soft pull after three months. I think I'm going to quit this site for a while.

Message 7 of 32
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Income nearly tripled

in 3 months..congrats..then keep using the card and show good payment history until you get you cli..it will come with Discover but might take up to12 months..took me 15 months but I got it

Message 8 of 32
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By the way, plenty of users here encourage to call in for a discover soft pull after three months. I think I'm going to quit this site for a while.

that is what Discover offers..anybody can try at 3 months but we did not see many success stories..more at 6-12 months...so trying does not hurt but also does not need SD a card if a lender wants to see longer history...after 2 years and still no move with HP I would consider SD a card

Message 9 of 32
Involver
Valued Contributor

Why would you forgo spend and rewards with a card because they aren't giving you CLIs?

It's all about making money. Use the cards to your advantage and let the limits grow in time.

Edit: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful-2-6-14/m-p/2797115

--Carebear

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.