Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the 75K Platinum Itch....

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting the 75K Platinum Itch....

I've been able to get $1500-2000 internationl flights with ~60K points/miles and $500+ domestic/Canada flights for 25K points/miles. Good value to be had in the 75K MRPs.

These were all flights from West Coast (SFO and others).

ETA: I know OP is dying to come for a visit to SF so he should def do this! Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What really is important is to look at any rewards program and how to use your points before you apply for any of these travel credit cards.  That would mean looking at who the travel partners are for that particular program, who are the partners of the airlines that you can transfer to and whether this fits into your future travel plans.  We have far too many people on this board that get caught up in seeing 100K MR points or 50K UR points, etc, etc, apply for the card and then have not the first clue how to use the points and are stuck with a useless card.  Those people would be far better off sticking with cash back cards.

Message 12 of 16
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What really is important is to look at any rewards program and how to use your points before you apply for any of these travel credit cards.  That would mean looking at who the travel partners are for that particular program, who are the partners of the airlines that you can transfer to and whether this fits into your future travel plans.  We have far too many people on this board that get caught up in seeing 100K MR points or 50K UR points, etc, etc, apply for the card and then have not the first clue how to use the points and are stuck with a useless card.  Those people would be far better off sticking with cash back cards.

Completely understand. I also want since I travel several times for work every year and I would like to take advantage of the $200 travel credit, lounges, etc.

Message 13 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not only will Square and Venmo (and all other cash equivalents) not count toward the required spend for the purpose of the welcome bonus, but that is a surefire way to fast-track your account to the financial review team.

I agree that Square etc can get you into trouble with both Amex and square.   However, buying Amex gift cards directtly from Amex works fine, counts for min spend and they don't mind.    Liquidating them is much more of a problem though!

Message 14 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Preach brother Irish 

Can I get a Amen 

Amen amen amen 

We see far to much of this no matter how much we stress it.....

Know what you want as it pertains to both your spending and travel habits and how you'll meet the spending bonus if it applies.

Research and then apply for the card you want not the card that's easiest to be approved.

What good is a card that was easy to get but you can't use? NOTHING AT ALL

I can guarantee that you will see a thread today that has already been approved and the next question will be tell me about XXX and how to use it, how does this works and what can I use my points for?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get these offers using incognito and dallas vpn

you can get 75k pts from prg and ed together for 3k using incognito and dallas vpn

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.