Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Barclaycard Arrival Platinum MC

tag
greenfield1

Getting the Barclaycard Arrival Platinum MC

Hey guys, 

I currently have the Discover it with a $1000 CL and the Amex Delta Gold with a $2000 CL. My current aim is to get the Barclay Arrival, and after plenty of research, I probably won't qualify for the world or world elite MC, however possibly the platinum MC. 

Does anyone know if barclays still offers the platinum MC and is the only way to get it to call for recon after getting denied for the world mc?

Also my AAoA is 2 years 9 months and my income is ~17k a year.

Thanks

Discover it - 5/13 $1000
Amex Green 12/13 NPSL Cancelled 11/14
Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 6/14 $2000Cancelled 5/15
Barclaycard Arrival - 4/15 $2000
Amex BCE - $5000 4/15
TU FICO 4/15 757
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 2/27 - $12000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
greenfield1

Re: Getting the Barclaycard Arrival Platinum MC

Just called Barclaycard applications number and asked if I were not to qualify for a world or world elite card, would I for the platinum. To no surprise, especially after reading how bad their customer service is, the representative could not answer the question.

Can anyone confirm that they still issue platinum MC cards??

Discover it - 5/13 $1000
Amex Green 12/13 NPSL Cancelled 11/14
Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 6/14 $2000Cancelled 5/15
Barclaycard Arrival - 4/15 $2000
Amex BCE - $5000 4/15
TU FICO 4/15 757
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 2/27 - $12000
Message 2 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I wouldn't worry so much about whether it's Platinum or not. If approved, you'll be issued whatever tier they assign to that limit range. If you get approved for $2k, I doubt it will be World Elite but it could be World or Platinum. My point is I don't think it really matters. They're going to qualify you for a certain limit, not a certain tier (Platinum/World). The Plat/World has nothing to do with the underwriting of how much they are going to extend you. The product is the same, simply a higher limit merits the higher benefits of the World, World Elite, etc.

Message 3 of 5
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

You probably will get the word version. I've seen many people getting approved for the Sallie Mae world version with $1000 or less credit limits. 

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 5
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

I would add too from what I have read  that with Barclays  can combine limits, -  So maybe you can apply for one card now and a different one once you have established a relationship with them and then combine the limits if that interests you.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.