Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the CSP Sign-up Bonus

tag
Sazabi
New Visitor

Getting the CSP Sign-up Bonus

1st off, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place and if so feel free to move it!

I'm very new to the Credit game (Oldest card is about 1 y/o) and I had recently just gotten my 2nd CC which ended up being the CSP.  I intend to do some traveling later on in the year and I was wondering if me paying my rent using my CSP can count towards the 3K I need to spend in the 1st 3 Months? (Same with my Time Warner bill)

If so this would be phenomenal as my Apartment Complex accepts Credit Card payments online.

And if not are there any ways to get the 40K Points efficiently? 

Thanks and howdy from Texas!

My Wallet
Capital One Platinum: 1.5K; 1y/o
Capital One Quicksilver: 3K; 1m/o
Chase Sapphire Preferred: 5K; 1m/o
Gardening as of 06/30/14

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Getting the CSP Sign-up Bonus

Anything you can pay with your credit card will count towards the spending requirement. This includes your rent. But beware if your apartment charges you a fee to use your credit card versus a check. It may not be worth the points you earn. Unless you simply just need to meet the spend requirements. 

Message 2 of 5
Sazabi
New Visitor

I intend to only use my Rent to get the Initial 40K Bonus so I'm hoping that the fee's my Apartment charges isn't too much (Hadn't gotten the chance to ask but will tomorrow morning).

I was just wanting to make sure that it'd count as I keep trying to search for what counts and does not but haven't found it online.

I'm stoaked, thank you sir!

My Wallet
Gardening as of 06/30/14

Message 3 of 5
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Anything and everything counts besides cash advance. 

You're welcome.

Message 4 of 5
Sazabi
New Visitor

Sorry for being such a novice at this, lol.

What are some things that count towards a Cash Advance? Would my Auto-loan fall under that category aswell?

And would you happen to know what's the best value as far as using the UR Site? I've heard in terms that Hyatt as the best Transfers for Hotels but have no idea in terms of Flights lol.  

My Wallet
Gardening as of 06/30/14

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.