Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting too deep...almost at ends wit

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting too deep...almost at ends wit

I think the OP was denied a CC not a student loan, if i'm not mistaken.
Message 11 of 13
Established Contributor

@ralbusta wrote:
I think the OP was denied a CC not a student loan, if i'm not mistaken.

It is unclear whether he applied for a cc or a student loan. He "applied for one" (or the other). I suspect that the school is not one that qualifies for student loans or he would have been able to get one.

Truck driving, massage therapy, and beauty schools, used to be able to get student loans. They aggressively recruited people who were out of work with promises of a better tomorrow. Once the student dropped out, the better tomorrow consisted of still no work along with additional debt. If the student graduated some found jobs and were able to pay back some of the debt. Of course trucking, massage therapy, and beauty fields aren't doing so well now. Going to school for such professions would definitely not be worth going into debt (in my opinion). I would not borrow a lot of money to go to "computer school" either.

Needless to say availability of "student loans" for these "schools" have pretty much dried up.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

True CreditAble true. If this is for a "trade" school, then there are probably no loans available. The OP needs to make it clear to us though so we can better understand the situation.

If this is for an actual college, student loans are available, and even grants and gifts from wealthy patrons. Check with your financial aid office. They have tons of resources available to help you pay for college.

In this current economy you can't count on credit cards anymore.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.