Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give me a reason for an Amex PRG

tag
Ammer
New Contributor

Give me a reason for an Amex PRG

Hey Amex fanboys ;-)

I am looking for some more reasons for a PRG.

So far I have a CSP, Freedom, BCP and SPG. 

I will open at least two more Amex cards in January for AAoA reasons and one is the Hilton with no fee.

What could a PRG add to the mix ?

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Give me a reason for an Amex PRG

@Ammer wrote:

Hey Amex fanboys ;-)

I will open at least two more Amex cards in January for AAoA reasons and one is the Hilton with no fee.

The Charge Card?

Message 2 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Annual booster after 30k spending?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The only reason for charge card with amex is for BIG spending and you can't get the credit line fast enough from another bank or you can't quite get an amex credit card or can't get a larger credit line so you get a charge card and build up internal score with amex.

you have MANY other Amex Credit Cards so don't think you would need the charge card outside of maybe free for a year AF and a bonus if you spend enough and the backdate but id just skip it.

Message 4 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

MR program...

Message 5 of 7
Petraeus
Contributor

There is no question opening a PRG opened the door for quality prime cards and helped pave the way for building a spotless Amex internal record by charging 30k last year and paying PIF as I go within each billing cycle. However, if you already have prime cards and spread your spending almongst your cc stable, I don't see a need to pick up a PRG unless you want it as a status symbol. Even then it comes with a pricey AF price tag.
FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 6 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Ammer wrote:

Hey Amex fanboys ;-)

Tony Soprano would have carried one! RIP, Mr. Gandolfini...you will be sorely missed!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.