Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glad Discover is paying attention...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad Discover is paying attention...

While dealing with the worst night of the year to work in a bar (bandwagon sports fans are the worstest ever) someone tried to charge my Discover card 3x in Louisville. Thankfully Discover caught it and declined the 3 attempts and froze it up. Unfortunately now I'm waiting on a new card.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Glad Discover is paying attention...

Meanwhile other people on here are taking their time whining about Discover introducing chip cards. Cloned card fraud is far more hassle than dipping instead of swiping! Though again, the answer is contactless - fast and secure.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

While dealing with the worst night of the year to work in a bar (bandwagon sports fans are the worstest ever) someone tried to charge my Discover card 3x in Louisville. Thankfully Discover caught it and declined the 3 attempts and froze it up. Unfortunately now I'm waiting on a new card.

That sucks... Good catch by them..

Message 3 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They will overnight you a card, just ask them. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will overnight you a card, just ask them. 

Discover can be weird though. My family member that has only had the card for not even 2 years, they have sent her at least 5 or 6 different cards. Never had ID problem, or nothing. so strange. I guess they are paranoid!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.