Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glyph: iPhone app to find the best CC rewards

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Glyph: iPhone app to find the best CC rewards

Thanks for work on app. Y'all need to add Discover It and NFCU cards to your app.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 33
aplast
Regular Contributor

after trying this app out, I can honestly say it is not on my iphone anymore. There were hardly any credit cards I have on the list. Good concept, but weak list of cards IMO.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Duncanrr - 

Thanks for saying thanks!  We are really excited for you to see the next update!  

Discover It is in the works, and NFCU will be added to our queue of cards that we're adding.  We're adding more cards every day!

Thanks,

Mike 

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

aplast - 

We appreciate your honesty.  Help us improve: what cards would you like to see added?  I will make sure they get added in our next update.  

Best,

Mike

Message 14 of 33
djrez4
Established Contributor

The app has a "your card is missing" option.  That's awesome.

Discover IT should definitely be on the list.  I suggest focusing on the major, national issuers and military-focused banks and CUs first.  Duncan's NFCU suggestion and USAA come to mind.  While it would be great if you could include rewards cards from all of the credit unions, you'll drive yourself nuts trying to create that database.  There are simply too many.

Also - something everyone said about the Wallaby app: people value different points differently.  Here's an example that comes from trying the app just now:

I have a Hilton Amex and a Sapphire Preferred in my wallet right now.  There's a restaurant down the street.  Glyph tells me I should use the Hilton Amex to get 2% back on that transaction.  What the heck does that mean?  I get 3 points per dollar at restaurants on that card.  General consensus is that those are worth about $0.007 each, so that adds up to $0.021 per dollar.  Ok - that's about 2% back.  But my Sapphire gets 2 points per dollar, plus a 7% dividend.  And, those points are worth at least $0.017 per point, so that's really $0.036 per dollar spent.  It should be a no-brainer that the Sapphire gives me better value at the restaurant, but the app selects the Hilton Amex.

That doesn't work for me.

Message 15 of 33
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

aplast - 

We appreciate your honesty.  Help us improve: what cards would you like to see added?  I will make sure they get added in our next update.  

Best,

Mike

I apologize if my post sounds rude, It certainly wasnt intended to be recieved in that manner. I feel like there is a lack of GECRB cards on your application, and Im sure myself among others would like to see some more variety there. if you built this application - huge props. I cant judge too harshly since I have never made an app. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 33
djrez4
Established Contributor

I'd also like a way to delete myself from your system if I choose to do so.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aplast -

I didn't take your feedback the wrong way at all.  My mother always said honesty's the best policy, plus your feedback helps us improve.  The entire team at Glyph built the app; I'm but one part of it.  I'll pass along your kudos.  

You're correct that we don't currently have any GECRB cards in the app; I will make sure we have that updated in our next release.  

Please keep the feedback coming!

Mike

Message 18 of 33
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

If you could get an Android version of the app released, that would be an step in the right direction imho.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cruzimperial:

We are planning for Android, but that will be a couple of months away.  Will certainly let you know when it launches.  

Our approach has been to work out the kinks with one app, then extend to a different platform.  

Thanks!

Mike 

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.