Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go for AMEX GOLD PR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for AMEX GOLD PR?

Not for me but for my fiance' she was instantly approved for Zync waiting for it to come in mail. She has a credit score of 806 EQ (didnt bother to check the rest) No baddies at all.. UTIL under 10% 2 inq. AAoA 7 years with her parents Chase card AU giving her 10 years of perfect payment history. We really like the introductory 25,000 miles (honeymoon). Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Go for AMEX GOLD PR?

Is there a reason she didnt app for PR Gold instead of the Zync?  Just wondering why you would take two inquries rather than one?  I assume you would want to close the zync?

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we would close the Zync (Spend everything on Gold PR and I will pay each purchase as made) And she was affraid she would be denied (she's only applied for one credit card ever) so I assured her and she wanted to try for the easiest one. I want to push her to apply for Gold but if she got denied she may be a little upset. But I don't see why not, her citi card counted her scholarships as income (which pushes her income to 70,000. Her credit score is 806 7 year AAoA and absolutely no baddies.

Message 3 of 5
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Well if that's a 806 FICO score (ie; you bought it here at MyFico.com) then I would say that your  fine score wise, however bare in mind this is AMEX and if the "AMEX judging Machine" doesnt like other aspects of your profile you could still easily end up with a denial, ie; short account history with AMEX, not enough other revolving accounts, wrong eye color etc etc..

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes its an 806 EQ score from myfico. As far as revolving accounts she has like I said AU on a 30k limit Chase Visa for 10 years,Citi Student with 5K limit 6-8 months and Barclays Itunes 5k limit 6-8 months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.