Frequent Contributor
Mank

Go for Kays/Jareds?

I'm thinking of apping at Kays and/or Jared's to add a TL to my report. I'm trying to build credit (not to use!) and have $1500 total right now. Something at $2000 or more would be fantastic, but my cards are from 12/2008 and 4/2009. I've read here that Kay's likes to see cards that are over a year old, is that true? Has anyone been approved with younger accounts? My only other credit card was opened in 2006, charged off in 2007 so I don't think that would count as far as age.

Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Re: Go for Kays/Jareds?

Mank wrote:

I'm thinking of apping at Kays and/or Jared's to add a TL to my report. I'm trying to build credit (not to use!) and have $1500 total right now. Something at $2000 or more would be fantastic, but my cards are from 12/2008 and 4/2009. I've read here that Kay's likes to see cards that are over a year old, is that true? Has anyone been approved with younger accounts? My only other credit card was opened in 2006, charged off in 2007 so I don't think that would count as far as age.

I would wait until you hit a year.
Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

I have no experience with the Kays card, but I have read a couple of posts here of people receiving this card with less history than you have.
cesarcal

If you do Kays/ Jared make sure you apply for JB Robinson as well and if you live incertain states there are other you can apply for. These are all part of Sterling. I applied for Kays and a week later for jared and JBR and got all three. It is one limit on all three but they report separately. Almost like a hiden TL.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}