Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go fund me and CC

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Go fund me and CC

Was just wondering if anyone knew but if you donate to someone on gofundme using your CC, I understand there's a swipe fee basically but will the lender specifically Chase charge a cash advance fee?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Go fund me and CC

@Skye12329 wrote:
Was just wondering if anyone knew but if you donate to someone on gofundme using your CC, I understand there's a swipe fee basically but will the lender specifically Chase charge a cash advance fee?

Not sure about Chase, but I know Barclaycard definitely does not.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about Chase, but Capital One didn't. They even sent me a notice at the end of the year regarding my donations for tax purposes.

Message 3 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

No, Discover did not. Can't believe Chase would be only bank (hint, that's why they charge fee).
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should qualify as a purchase. But you're right to be cautious. Issuers can take a purchase transaction and recharacterise it as a "cash equivalent" transaction and thus treat it as a cash advance. I'm not aware of Chase doing that, but Citibank is notorious for this practice.

Chris.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Should qualify as a purchase. But you're right to be cautious. Issuers can take a purchase transaction and recharacterise it as a "cash equivalent" transaction and thus treat it as a cash advance. I'm not aware of Chase doing that, but Citibank is notorious for this practice.

Chris.

Your signature is very interesting. Are any of those AU cards?  I see the CS and CSPx2...but 3 discover cards? and 4 boa BBR LOL!!!! Thats like 480 a year of free money right there!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris.

Your signature is very interesting. Are any of those AU cards?  I see the CS and CSPx2...but 3 discover cards? and 4 boa BBR LOL!!!! Thats like 480 a year of free money right there!

I also have 4 BBR. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris.

Ok. talk about a long game strategy! That is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris.

Ok. talk about a long game strategy! That is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the PC train wouldn't last, so I hopped on. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I have donated a number of times and no charge. Never Chase, but Barclays and Synchrony didn't.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.