Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Re: Goal Cards

AMEX BCP, and CSP, then I'll b done apping for yrs

Current Cards: NFCU Signature Cash Reward $12.5k 1.5% || NFCU OLOC $3k || AMEX True Earnings $1.2k 3% Gas 2% Dining & Travel || Walmart $1k || Barclay Apple $1.7k
Goal Cards: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 6% Grocery 3% Gas & Dept. Stores || Chase Sapphire Preferred 2x Travel & Dining || Chase Freedom 5% category per quarter || Discover IT 5% category per quarter || PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards 5% Gas
Starting Score: 589 (2013Dec) Current Score: TU 751(Walmart FICO 201404) || EQ 726(NFCU 201405)|| EXP 652(AMEX 201403)
Goal Score: 700+ ALL Around
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My goal cards tend be the ones I was previously denied for. Makes me want me to pursue them even more. Two in particular are...

CSP- To compliment the Freedom card

Barclaycard Hawaiin Airlines MC- For the sign-up bonus

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Senior Contributor

I have just about all the cards I want, my wallet has no complaints!  But if anything,  the cards I would consider applying after joining the elite 750 score club:

- Whichever cards w/ awesome singup bonuses!!

-Also, I wanna be the very 1st First Premier $100k card holder w/ 0% APR & Concierge Service & Free Airport Lounge Access & 100miles per every $1 spend which can be redeemed for any airlines ticket purchase & Free 5 Star Hotel 5nights stay every year & lastly...Free $5 Starbucks Coupon lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Regular Contributor

To be perfectly fair, I think I pretty much have all the cards I'd want in terms of cash back rewards.  If I had to choose any, it would be the Discover IT card; I've never been with their network before.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $25000
Barclays Sallie Mae World MasterCard $25000
Capital One Quicksilver World MasterCard $25000
Chase Freedom Visa Signature $25000
Discover IT $27000
US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature $25000
Synchrony Bank Old Navy Visa $25000

Frequent Contributor

I probably have everything I need right now, but eventually I'd like to PC my NFCU cashRewards to the Platinum since I don't use it for anything at the moment, and then pick up a Chase Freedom and an AmEx BCP. Other than that, the cards that I want are strictly for sign up bonuses (Hyatt, United, etc.).

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 777, myFICO TU: 789, myFICO EX: 787
My Wallet: Chase Freedom, Discover It, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 06/08/15
Frequent Contributor

Waiting for my year mark to pc to blue cash preferred. 

Established Contributor

This is tough because I need to avoid overlapping the fiancée's collection.

We  go to the grocery store nearly everyday, and I'm sure we'd spend pretty darn close to the BCP and it's just the two of us. If we fly, we'll fly Delta. Charge card just because. Discover it for the no FTF and TU FICO. Lowe's and Ace because I'm buying a house by the end of the month and I'll be doing remodelling/repairing of the place, and Ace is in town while Lowe's is 30 minutes away. Wings Financial because they're my CU and it'd be easy to manage them.

I can probably get the Lowe's card and the Wings Visa Platinum this year. The rest of them I'll probably have to wait a long while.

Equifax630 (LP)749 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 703 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 740 (Barclaycard)
Established Contributor

I've been obsessing over this.  ATM, I have all Visas save my First Premier that's going bye bye next month.  Discover It is on the short list, and I want an AM EX, and a new Mastercard, but not sure which yet. 

Definitely exploring good Travel Rewards cards right now.  I've had a wanderlust for the last couple of years that I haven't been able to sate just yet. 

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Regular Contributor

Barclays Arrival 

Citi Diamond 

Amex PRG, Amex Green 

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Established Contributor

Barclaycard Rewards MC

Discover IT

Chase Freedom

Long way to go, but I hope to have the Barclaycard in 6 months or sooner

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.