Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal Cards

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Goal Cards

Well this post is mainly directed at those who you with less than stellar credit of course but I would never leave those who have there goal cards out so for you it will be your favorite set of four if you have all the cards you want already. I'll be the first to start....

Overall my goal cards to have in my wallet in which i'm working toward are : Amex Blue Cash Preferred, US Bank Cash+, Discover IT, Capitalone QS1...

Edit: Crossed out the ones I already have.

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Goal Cards

Barclay Rewards,Discover It,Fidelity Amex are my goals for the upcoming year. And ultimately Penfed Cash Rewards for the 5% gas when my Equifax is squeaky clean! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 31
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday, Discover IT, and eventually the Chase Sapphire Preferred. 

Message 3 of 31
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

My own personal Amex centurion, but I doubt that'll happen for quite awhile Smiley Tongue

If the benefits keep on declining though, I'll have to give it a pass.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 31
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Amex BCP is the only other card I want.  Unless I also fall for a solid gas rewards card that doesn't only benefit me during certain quarters (eg. Fort Knox Plat Visa?)

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 5 of 31
from500to700
Regular Contributor

JP Morgan  Palladium

AMEX Platinum to get the AMEX Centurioun

Nothing else Palladium and Platinum AMEX on March 2015

Centurion who knows

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 6 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I'm not working toward specific cards per se, more to round out the variety of lenders.  I would like to get in the door with Discover.  They hate me for some reason.

I would also like a foot in the door with Chase and Barclay.  Probably just because they both hate me also and I'm not sure why!

Message 7 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

None currently (the Amex BC removed the need for some other cards I had planned) but I'm always looking out for a new card that would benefit me...

Message 8 of 31
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I'm not seeking any new credit anytime soon, but if I did, I would probably want to add something that offers some sort of travel rewards like the Amex SPG, Barclay Arrival or simply a good no FTF card like the Merrill +.

I would also consider the Fidelity Amex for the 2% back on everything and I like the idea of the savings being deposited into a retirement or investment account.  

Message 9 of 31
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I have most of the cards I want. I do have some card goals though:

Marriott Premier - For the signup bonus. Just charged half the credit limit on CSP, and am waiting to pay that off before I apply. 

Signup bonuses - Thinking about applying for other cards as needed for signup bonuses. I might apply for some airline cards if they offer a decent amount of miles. 

Upgrades - Would like my Gap and Nordstrom's cards to be upgraded from store cards to Visas. 

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.