Did you mean: 

Goal / Want to get cards....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goal / Want to get cards....

wrote:

wrote:

When one month I accidentally had all cards at $0 it costed me 18 points. So to some degree it seems to count. But I’ll find out more when in June I get the Uber card. When I plan on getting it. I eat out a lot. Then at the end of the year I’ll get the double cash to upgrade my daily driver from 1.5% to 2.0%. After that I’ll have. Othing I need to apply for till my old medical collection falls off. (My only baddie) Then my last card is the Simmons bank low interest for emregencies instead of say personal loans, which I do right now.

I havent had that happen yet, but i would say all of them at zero would hurt some.   I had eyeballed the Citi DC card as i like CB, but i still have some baddies (should be able to EE most this year)  but for some reason my EQ9 went up and i was able to get the Penfed PC 2% card, so i just use that the most.  

Honestly i dont really even need the cards i have listed above.. The NFCU Amex i have now, has all the BCE features.. i just wanted a BCE since i first started rebuilding last year.  I dont travel much and the 550 AF sucks, but i still want a platinum.  I'm sure a big part is that i never took an active role in my credit before, so now its just like i know what i want and i want to go after it..  gardening a lil first 

I came in here when I was first rebuilding. So I learned what to do. I started with the Capitalone platinum. I knew I could PC it later and they accepted lower scores. So I never started with cards I wouldn’t need. I only get cards that maximize cash back for my spending patterns. My daily driver is the PCed Quicksilver till I upgrade to the Citi DC. I got the Amazon VISA for the 2% categories and 5% Amazon where I shop a lot. So it’ll always be used even with the DC for the 5% category. My only other real category is restaurants for my lifestyle. So the Uber is best for that. I only spend $750 a month on credit cards and always PIF. So the rewards and miles cards are worthless to me. So are fee cards. I’m the low wage expert in here lol. Most people don’t spend like I do. There isn’t many cards good for me out there. So I’m ending my credit card journey after the next three.

Message 11 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I came in here when I was first rebuilding. So I learned what to do. I started with the Capitalone platinum. I knew I could PC it later and they accepted lower scores. So I never started with cards I wouldn’t need. I only get cards that maximize cash back for my spending patterns. My daily driver is the PCed Quicksilver till I upgrade to the Citi DC. I got the Amazon VISA for the 2% categories and 5% Amazon where I shop a lot. So it’ll always be used even with the DC for the 5% category. My only other real category is restaurants for my lifestyle. So the Uber is best for that. I only spend $750 a month on credit cards and always PIF. So the rewards and miles cards are worthless to me. So are fee cards. I’m the low wage expert in here lol. Most people don’t spend like I do. There isn’t many cards good for me out there. So I’m ending my credit card journey after the next three.

100000% agree..   i'm the same, with the cards i go after, as i dont have a high income either. The only cards i got that i wasnt sure if i would use the benefits are the Amex cards. That was just to get my foot in the door and show them i am a customer they want.  The delta card i can downgrade to a no fee, and i got a nice spend bonus i'll use someday lol  and the SPG is just a pretty card, but it may not be kept..  My capone platinum is the only card that has no rewards, so when it graduates, if i cant get it to a no fee QS, its going in the SD until it closes itself, or i use it for gum once every 6 months if that..  cards without rewards, no matter how small dont entertain me. 

Message 12 of 73
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

wrote:

First and Foremost... i am a rebuilder.   Many of you like me or even those who have been good with credit the whole time have goals. I am currently gardening for as long as i can (SP CLI if anything), but after that i have cards that i would like to get once i can. 

My list of remaining goal Cards:

1. Penfed Platinum Rewards

2. Amex BCE/Everyday

3. Amex Platinum 

That is my list, please feel free to comment on it or even share your own Smiley Happy

I agree with K-in-Boston, the ED/Platinum combo is probably the best move, if your long-term interest is MR points.

For me, the only card I want is whatever premium SPG/Marriott card Amex or Chase release later this year/early 2019. Staying at 4/24 exclusively for that card.

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 13 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

First and Foremost... i am a rebuilder.   Many of you like me or even those who have been good with credit the whole time have goals. I am currently gardening for as long as i can (SP CLI if anything), but after that i have cards that i would like to get once i can. 

2. Amex BCE/Everyday

3. Amex Platinum 

That is my list, please feel free to comment on it or even share your own Smiley Happy

I agree with K-in-Boston, the ED/Platinum combo is probably the best move, if your long-term interest is MR points.

For me, the only card I want is whatever premium SPG/Marriott card Amex or Chase release later this year/early 2019. Staying at 4/24 exclusively for that card.

Thats Awesome, i know alot of ppl are excited for the new Premium SPG/Marriot card.   I like my SPG, but i got it more for events.. sadly i live in an area that it doesnt really work for Smiley Sad

I was almost hoping SPG would go to chase, and they would let me PC my SPG to ED, but doesnt look like thats gonna happen.  I'm not a sheraton fan at all..  but marriot is good, so maybe it will see some use.  I do like roadtrips alot currently.  (usually to places i have somewhere to crash tho)

Message 14 of 73
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

SPG is a better earner at Marriott than the actual Marriott cards! I don’t stay at Starwood properties. My thought is that personal SPG cards will move to Chase and business will stay at Amex. Chase will keep existing personal Marriott cards while Amex gets the business accounts.
Message 15 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
SPG is a better earner at Marriott than the actual Marriott cards! I don’t stay at Starwood properties. My thought is that personal SPG cards will move to Chase and business will stay at Amex. Chase will keep existing personal Marriott cards while Amex gets the business accounts.

Hopefully from your keyboard to Amex's ears, and they let me PC to an ED.. that would be amazing Smiley Very Happy

If my EE's dont take long to do and my score goes up, and my 90 days on the two cards i have now is up, i could "theoretically" get a BCE and ED and a Platinum all at the same time.   it would put my limit of cards at 4 if the SPG stays, so i would be close to that limit, but i would be done getting amex cards anyways. 

Message 16 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I wish I made enough money to travel and fly like many of you do often. That’s why for me the Uber card is a Godsend. 3% for flying and hotels for the once every ten years I fly and once every five years I stay in a hotel :-) even tho I don’t use Uber because I drive, they said Ben you need a card perfect for you. Let it be done :-) let low wage people everywhere rejoice!!!

Message 17 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I wish I made enough money to travel and fly like many of you do often. That’s why for me the Uber card is a Godsend. 3% for flying and hotels for the once every ten years I fly and once every five years I stay in a hotel :-) even tho I don’t use Uber because I drive, they said Ben you need a card perfect for you. Let it be done :-) let low wage people everywhere rejoice!!!

I dont use Uber, so i never looked at that card before..   4% dining is nice, and ubereats included.     I dont travel much either, i just got the delta/SPG to get my foot in the door with Amex.     I'm lower wage people myself Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

2. Amex BCE/Everyday

3. Amex Platinum 

Got those cards..

My goal is the CSR 

Message 19 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

I dont use Uber, so i never looked at that card before..   4% dining is nice, and ubereats included.     I dont travel much either, i just got the delta/SPG to get my foot in the door with Amex.     I'm lower wage people myself Smiley Happy

Yea many people like to get in the door with cards. And of course peoples circumstances change in life. Mine just never seems to change... I’ve thought about getting an American Express for fun. But I’d almost never find a reason to use it sadly. Same with Discover. If either of them ever get a 3% plus category that I use I’ll certainly reconsider getting one of those. I have a no foreign fee card in the Quicksilver, Which being a MasterCard is excepted everywhere. I’d love to be able to take advantage of those miles and rewards cards with all the benefits for fees. If I ever win the lottery, I’ll be a baller lol.

Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.