Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal card for 2017...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goal card for 2017...

Amex personal platinum if and only IF they offer 100K with 3k or less spend in 3 months.

They keep tempting me with 50k and 75k offers, but I'm gonna be stubborn and wait for the 100k, I've vowed to myself.

Message 11 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

I am watching the Chase CSR but have to wait till I drop below 5/24 which will be in the second half of 2017. Hopefully the high signup offer will stick around. 

I'm with you, red. A premature application could really spoil my chances with my dream card.

Message 12 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

2017 should be a quiet year for me. 

Opening Goals: Amex, upgrade QS1 and Lowes (if needed)

Closing Goals: Barclays, Wells Fargo and Marvel

Message 13 of 54
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I am watching the Chase CSR but have to wait till I drop below 5/24 which will be in the second half of 2017. Hopefully the high signup offer will stick around. 

I'm with you, red. A premature application could really spoil my chances with my dream card.

Count me in too... CSR, CSR, CSR.  Trying to restrain myself from marking days off a calendar Cat Tongue

Sort of stupid, going to only be carrying 3 cards for the majority of next year so now I'm kicking myself for not putting myself in a position with arguably one of the premier travel lenders to pick up one of their flagship products... and I knew about 5/24 when I got my FU and a couple of other cards too.  Ah well live and learn.

Well unless the Prestige's 4th night free makes for singularly excellent shennanigans if the travel reimbursement stacks that way... 100,000k CSR bonus just doesn't rate compared to a couple percentage points on my income.

        
Message 14 of 54
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

I'll be forced to app for an Amazon store card by March 2017. Sallie Mae is dying and I'm

still in a bit of denial. Sallie Mae was my last application and my last inq, almost 3 years ago.

The fact that I haven't app'ed for anything in 3 years and I'll have to thaw my reports probably

means I should go on a mini spree to get anything I've been putting off. I have a use for:

CSP or CSR. I have 120K UR stranded on my Freedom and Ink Cash that needs a conduit to air miles.

USAA unlimited. I need an everyday non-category spend card so I'm waiting for the nationwide rollout.

A Walmart spend card. The death of Sallie Mae leaves a big hole in my wallet. Any suggestions for a

walmart card to replace Sallie ? I'm thinking that Sallie isn't replaceable, at least with respect to Walmart

spending and I may have to get by with a non-category spending card.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 15 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex personal platinum if and only IF they offer 100K with 3k or less spend in 3 months.

They keep tempting me with 50k and 75k offers, but I'm gonna be stubborn and wait for the 100k, I've vowed to myself.

Excellent idea! That's what I'm doing too. Since it's once in a lifetime, I'll wait until the 100K offer comes up. Also the lower spend requirement is a huge relief of stress! 

Message 16 of 54
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@bada_bing wrote:

I'll be forced to app for an Amazon store card by March 2017. Sallie Mae is dying and I'm

still in a bit of denial. Sallie Mae was my last application and my last inq, almost 3 years ago.

The fact that I haven't app'ed for anything in 3 years and I'll have to thaw my reports probably

means I should go on a mini spree to get anything I've been putting off. I have a use for:

CSP or CSR. I have 120K UR stranded on my Freedom and Ink Cash that needs a conduit to air miles.

USAA unlimited. I need an everyday non-category spend card so I'm waiting for the nationwide rollout.

A Walmart spend card. The death of Sallie Mae leaves a big hole in my wallet. Any suggestions for a

walmart card to replace Sallie ? I'm thinking that Sallie isn't replaceable, at least with respect to Walmart

spending and I may have to get by with a non-category spending card.

If your Walmarts are coded as Discount Stores, then the UMB Simply Rewards card would give you 3X. The lastest information is that there are co-branded versions of the Simply Rewards cards offered by other banks, so the availability is wider than is apparent at first glance. See this Doctor of Credit post, and especially the comments about the affinity card options:  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/umb-simply-rewards-visa-credit-card-review-3x-gas-grocery-discount-res...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 17 of 54
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Excellent idea! That's what I'm doing too. Since it's once in a lifetime, I'll wait until the 100K offer comes up. Also the lower spend requirement is a huge relief of stress! 

Just thinking... another $550 in spend and I get my 100K MR points... Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 18 of 54
galahad15
Valued Contributor

The only 2017 goal card I have left that I can think of that isn't already a part of my collection is another BBR (or 2).  Everything else in my card collection is in good shape, just gonna keep up with getting limits raised with SP CLIs on existing cards, etc.  Smiley Happy  I'm not eligible for the USAA Limitless card since I have never been in active service and don't have a qualifying family member who is, and for the most part I'm not interested in the CSR, b/c of the high AF and b/c of my relatively infrequent airline travel.

Message 19 of 54
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
Just curious - what is everyone's goal card for 2017?

Mine - Citi Costco (plan on apping in June)

I'm with you tire guy

Citi Costco, in the spring. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.