Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal card for 2017...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goal card for 2017...

For me it's Chase Freedom. I just got a Discover It, and between that and the Freedom I'd like to maximize 5℅ category spend.
Message 21 of 54
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Amex BCE or Green.  I've got my DC, Freedom and FU.  I need to raise scores and limits the first half then get one of these.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 22 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal for 2017:

Open: Citi Costco, Any B of A Rewards card. I burned them years ago. 

Close: Ebay MC, Toy Cards (4) Amex Green

Message 23 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like the Sam's Club MC and maybe Costco Visa, I'd like to have a Citi card. Will not app until at least 6/2017. I added to many cards to quickly so now I have to many new accounts and inquiries. My real goal will be CL increases and to combine accounts. Also I would like to upgrade my AMEX Gold to a PRG and maybe my AMEX BCE to BCP but not sure. In two years when I'm below 5/24 I'd like to get a Chase Sapphire although I'm not sure which one, probably "Preferred" and the Freedoms. I plan on closing all my rebuilding cards and a few more store cards, I need to thin the herd. I have no balance on most but a few are still below $1000 CL. If they don't go up and I don't use them, they're gone. It has been fun rebuilding and I am mainly happy with what I have, but like I said I opened to many to quickly so time to garden. No applying (unless it is a solid pre approval for something I could really use and don't have) just growing, combining, and closing. 

Message 24 of 54
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

2017 should be a quiet year for me. 

Opening Goals: Amex, upgrade QS1 and Lowes (if needed)

Closing Goals: Barclays, Wells Fargo and Marvel

"Girl" I like your style. Opening goals should also include closing goals.  Here are mine:

Opening: Citi Costco Visa, and/or if Citi denies, Cap1 Venture

Closing: Barclays, Kay's, Firestone. Maybe Care Credit, haven't decided yet.

Combining: 2 Cap1's plus the Venture ( if acquired) into one. 

These actions above should bring me down to 3 or 4 credit card accounts for 2017😀😀

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

2017 should be a quiet year for me. 

Opening Goals: Amex, upgrade QS1 and Lowes (if needed)

Closing Goals: Barclays, Wells Fargo and Marvel

"Girl" I like your style. Opening goals should also include closing goals.  Here are mine:

Opening: Citi Costco Visa, and/or if Citi denies, Cap1 Venture

Closing: Barclays, Kay's, Firestone. Maybe Care Credit, haven't decided yet.

Combining: 2 Cap1's plus the Venture ( if acquired) into one. 

These actions above should bring me down to 3 or 4 credit card accounts for 2017😀😀

+1

I will join the opening/closing/combining club!

Opening possibly late 2017: Golden1 Platinum Visa; Venture

Closing: Victoria's Secret

Combining: for sure QS MC into QS WEMC; possibly NFL Extra Points into jetBlue Plus, not sure I'm really going to do this, though

Also will chase CLI's on all cards.

Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EAJuggalo wrote:

Amex BCE or Green.  I've got my DC, Freedom and FU.  I need to raise scores and limits the first half then get one of these.

Why Green?!

Message 27 of 54
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Gardening, Gardening, Gardening!!!  No Goal Cards for 2017... need to close a few from SCT's (typical rookie mistake).  Will garden for 2-3 years, want zero inquiries and overall score improvement.  Been on Myfico going on 2 years, it's time to grow up!! Smiley Wink

Current inq:  TU-10, EQ-6, EX-4

Closing:  Buckle, Victoria Secret, Express, Fingerhut, USBank, Cap1 Plat (all toy limits or rebuilders)

Leaves me with 10 cards I use regularly.

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 28 of 54
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I closed a bunch of cards this week... 

-Barclays Rewards MC

-ExxonMobil

-Sunoco

-Gander Mtn

-Macys (They wouldnt give me a CLI. I didnt need the card anyway)

-Speedway (it was going away in a few months anyway...)

-Pottery Barn

-Frontgate

$7300 total CL on those cards... no big loss..

Nothing worth keeping anyway... I'm still trying to figure out what else to get rid of.. my Merrick card is on the fence - the only reason to keep it is I know I have a $1200 CLI coming in 3 months, and it is the no fees ever version.......

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close: AmEx PRG, AmEx Platinum, Simplicity, Double Cash, Citi Checking+, RIP Sallie Mae, maybe JCB (been on the fence the whole time I've had it lol)

Downgrade: Sapphire Reserve back to Sapphire Preferred

Cut: BCP limit, Freedom limit

Open: New Sapphire Reserve (if 100k still available when I'm eligible in July), new AmEx Plat with 100k bonus, DCU (maybe)

I might keep Sallie Mae for those 1% BT offers, since I actually like them a lot. 15 months at 0% with a 1% fee is hard to turn down and makes it a very strong BT card. But we'll have to see if those stick around after the card conversion.

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.