Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goals have been met... now what?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Goals have been met... now what?

@Anonymous wrote:

This has been a great thread to read. Thank you so much for posting it.

You're very welcome, but the real thanks is to everybody who posted here after me... that's where the 'good stuff' really is.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 71 of 79
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

What a great thread! Jfriend, can you tell us more about NetSppend?I'm very interested in 5%!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 72 of 79
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Simply amazing....keep up the fantastic work !

SisterGirl
Message 73 of 79
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SisterGirl wrote:

Simply amazing....keep up the fantastic work !

Thanks so much!

I couldn't have done it without the help of folks here!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you shall wait for new cards to come out and app for them! Smiley Very Happy
(whatifthenewcostcocardisbetterthansamshehehehe)

Message 75 of 79
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Now you shall wait for new cards to come out and app for them! Smiley Very Happy
(whatifthenewcostcocardisbetterthansamshehehehe)

LOL... Yeah, the new Costco could be interesting, but unfortunately there's not a Costco nearby, so the new offering would have to be pretty 'interesting' for me to join a club I couldn't shop at... haha.

For better or for worse, my resources/spending are modest, so unless a true 'game changer' comes out I'm likely set for a while... that's a good thing!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Part of the benefit of reaching your goals is that you don't feel the need to get every card. I like staying here because it's a great community and that, every now and again, a great deal comes around. I never would have known about Discover DC or SM, and there will probably be a new card some time next year that I find interesting.

What about other goals? Maybe refinance your mortgage or buy a new house?
Message 77 of 79
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I guess the next goal now is 800? Lol

Message 78 of 79
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Part of the benefit of reaching your goals is that you don't feel the need to get every card. I like staying here because it's a great community and that, every now and again, a great deal comes around. I never would have known about Discover DC or SM, and there will probably be a new card some time next year that I find interesting.

What about other goals? Maybe refinance your mortgage or buy a new house?

Both excellent ideas!

I intend to 'stick around' for a while longer... like you mention, there are always new offerings coming around, and just because I've got the best cards for my spending profile at the moment doesn't mean they will always be the best cards - there's always something better around the corner, and I've found this is best place for finding out about the latest and greatest offerings.  Heck, if it hadn't been for myFICO, I never would have been aware of the BCP or that NFCU even existed... LOL

@tntexans72 wrote:

I guess the next goal now is 800? Lol

I'll always be aiming for the '800' club, but even when my one remaining 'baddie' drops off next fall, I'll probably still have a way to go since my credit profile is mostly credit cards.  I have a couple of PIF student loans that are old (will be dropping off in a couple of years) and my only mortgage account (also PIF) will be dropping off in 2017 as well, so it's likely 800 will remain elusive a while longer, as I currently have no plans for a new mortgage or installment loan.  

That being said, I'm actually OK with that... as long as my scores are good enough to get me what I want (at a good rate) they have done their jobs.  Smiley Wink

Message 79 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.