Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

God I hate Chase...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

God I hate Chase...

Just logged on to my account and see that they closed my CC.  It would not be so bad if I didn't do ALL of my banking with them and by all I mean a car loan, checking account, savings accoun and 2 business checking accounts for the 2 travel sports teams I coach for my kids.  I currently have close to $25000 between these accounts - shouldn't that count for soemthing?

I called CS and asked why - of course I got the foreign lady I could barely understand, asked to speak to a supervisor and was told my card expired and they chose not to renew it.  She said there must have been something on my credit report that caused it.  The only thing on my report besides some high utilization on a couple cards (I also have some with 0 balance) is a late payment my wife made on her car (we are both on the loan) in August 2010.  That is the only late payment in the last 4 years.  MY scores while not great are not terrible either - mid 600's as of March 4 through MyFico).  She said I could apply for a new card, but there is nothing she could do to reopen this one.  Lets see, you just closed a card I have had with you for 3+ years for no reason(no lates or over the limits), but you want me to take an inquiry for a card you most likely won't give me??????

It just amazes me that they want to lose a customer who does all of their banking with them over a $3000 CC.  I have been contemplating joining a local CU that some friends use and really like - now I don't need to contemplate.  I will be opening the checking accounts, another savings and applying for an auto refi as well as a personal loan to payoff the Chase CC.  Just had to vent - thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: God I hate Chase...

Not directly related as my "introduction" to Chase came from auto loan but I found them to be one of the most intolerably, poorly run credit companies out there - right up with Wells Fargo.  So, I commiserate.

Four years ago, I bought a brand spanking new Cadillac Escalade ESV after trading in BOTH my '04 Caddy Escalade ESV AND my '05 Infiniti FX45.  Chase did the financing. 

Driving home from the dealership, the CD player wouldn't work right and the running boards would not collapse.  I figured "user error" Smiley Wink

Fast forward, the CD player died, the tire pressure monitoring system failed, the horn honked without warning, the lighting system came and shut off without reason, and the hood latch warning came on randomly.  One night, while asleep, the truck started by itself and then started honking.

Yes, really.

I had it hauled away for servicing.  It had 15,000 on it.  The Caddy shop replaced $8,000 in parts.  While driving down the road from the dealership, the CD player quit again.

Two months later, while driving home at 10 PM going 55 mph on an off ramp from one interstate to another, the Caddy failed.

No power.

No steering.

No brakes.

No On-Star.

No hazards.

No nothing.

2-ton rock going 55 MPH around curve.

About 3 mins passed and the caddy started up.  I called to have it towed.  Filed a complaint with GM... who said it was a lemon.  My state declared it a lemon.  During the process of having it declared a lemon and having it exchanged for a new vehicle, GM started having financial problems.  I hired an attorney to get the lemon law followed.  GM called to say they'd pay off the vehicle.

CHASE stood by - my choices at the time were to keep paying for a vehicle that sat stored at the dealership (which was sinking into bankruptcy, the owner of the chain now in prison) OR to pay for my house which was sinking into foreclosure.

The atty took his time.  GM took their time.  Fiddle faddled.  Eventually, the agreements were signed but Chase had come 2 days early and picked up the vehicle. 

The attorney from General Motors said they would pay Chase IN FULL if CHASE would release the vehicle back to me.  Yes, that is right.

GM would PIF to CHASE if the vehicle were released to me.

CHASE refused!!  Yes, they could have been paid in full by GM as written by GM's attorney... and CHASE refused.

Chase thought they'd have a better chance of getting the pay off from me - a now medical student with no income - rather than from GM...

So, Chase kept the vehicle, auctioned it off for $30,000, came after me for the difference, I filed a Ch 7 bk and walked away.

What do you think my impression of Chase is?Smiley Mad

They are horribly managed, terribly stupid business decision makers, and completely ridiculous in their approach to common sense.

I commiserate with you and am sorry you too, had a terrible experience with the dolts at Chase.

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did a similar thing to me recently...If I had money on deposit with chase I think I would move it.  I think this is very unusual practice. May be a MELTDOWN coming from CHASE!!!

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay my Chase card sometimes at a branch. I write a check with my USAA logo checks.

Chase always asks if I want to open an account and I always tell the cashier that they charge way to many fees and I would rather kill myself then have a demand account with them.

Got a open an account get $100 coupon in the mail today. Was actually considering it as the last time they sent those out you somply had to have 2 DD a month.

Yeah now they want a $1500 balance, or combined daily balance of $5000 in all investment accounts, or at least 1  DD of at least $500 a month, otherwise you get a monthly checking account fee of $12.

really $12? I think not.

Thank you USAA  and NFCU

Message 4 of 37
vish1
Valued Contributor

I am sorry if I sound crazy, but I am unable to understand what's chase's fault in this? Am I missing something?

@Anonymous wrote:

Not directly related as my "introduction" to Chase came from auto loan but I found them to be one of the most intolerably, poorly run credit companies out there - right up with Wells Fargo.  So, I commiserate.

Four years ago, I bought a brand spanking new Cadillac Escalade ESV after trading in BOTH my '04 Caddy Escalade ESV AND my '05 Infiniti FX45.  Chase did the financing. 

Driving home from the dealership, the CD player wouldn't work right and the running boards would not collapse.  I figured "user error" Smiley Wink

Fast forward, the CD player died, the tire pressure monitoring system failed, the horn honked without warning, the lighting system came and shut off without reason, and the hood latch warning came on randomly.  One night, while asleep, the truck started by itself and then started honking.

Yes, really.

I had it hauled away for servicing.  It had 15,000 on it.  The Caddy shop replaced $8,000 in parts.  While driving down the road from the dealership, the CD player quit again.

Two months later, while driving home at 10 PM going 55 mph on an off ramp from one interstate to another, the Caddy failed.

No power.

No steering.

No brakes.

No On-Star.

No hazards.

No nothing.

About 3 mins passed and the caddy started up.  I called to have it towed.  Filed a complaint with GM... who said it was a lemon.  My state declared it a lemon.  During the process of having it declared a lemon and having it exchanged for a new vehicle, GM started having financial problems.  I hired an attorney to get the lemon law followed.  GM called to say they'd pay off the vehicle.

CHASE stood by - my choices at the time were to keep paying for a vehicle that sat stored at the dealership (which was sinking into bankruptcy, the owner of the chain now in prison) OR to pay for my house which was sinking into foreclosure.

The atty took his time.  GM took their time.  Fiddle faddled.  Eventually, the agreements were signed but Chase had come 2 days early and picked up the vehicle. 

The attorney from General Motors said they would pay Chase IN FULL if CHASE would release the vehicle back to me.  Yes, that is right.

CHASE refused!!  Yes, they could have been paid in full by GM as written by GM's attorney... and CHASE refused.

Chase thought they'd have a better chance of getting the pay off from me - a now medical student with no income - rather than from GM...

So, Chase kept the vehicle, auctioned it off for $30,000, came after me for the difference, I filed a Ch 7 bk and walked away.

What do you think my impression of Chase is?Smiley Mad

They are horribly managed, terribly stupid business decision makers, and completely ridiculous in their approach to common sense.

I commiserate with you and am sorry you too, had a terrible experience with the dolts at Chase.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 37
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No power.

No steering.

No brakes.

No On-Star.

No hazards.

No nothing.

You should have bought a Honda Civic. Smiley Very Happy Great gas mileage, reliable, and cheaper, too.

Message 6 of 37
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I don't want to say I hate them but I was close to that once. I applied for Chase Freedom with a EQ of 764 and six years of credit history. I was declined due to "lack of credit history" and "too many inquiries". I had one (yes, one!) other inquiriy on my reports. I called up the backdoor number twice and spent an hour on the phone. Frustrating! At one point the CSR said that they'd like to see higher balances on my cards. Yeah, they wanted me to rack up debt to show that I can use my credit.

A bunch of nonsense. I will not apply for another Chase card.The Chase conglomerate suffers from making apersonal decision based on irrational reasons.

My wife who has stellar credit history (EQ in the upper 770s) got approved for a Chase Amazon Visa with a CL of $4k. It's been a year, and she's used the card plenty and paid in full. They never gave her a CLI. She isn't as obsessed about credit as I am (lucky her!) so she doesn't care about CLs or utilization but I think it speaks volumes that Chase is so stingy with even really reliable customers.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is really very simple.  Chase had two options;

Option A

Choose to be paid IN FULL by General Motors per GM attorney letter, notarized, signed by CFO, with funding shown by GM, and relinquish vehicle to me, to be picked up by GM

OR

Option B

Decline to be PAID IN FULL by General Motors per GM attorney letter, notarized, signed by CFO and sue ME for difference between what they sold it for at auction and what was owed.

In doing so, they DID NOT GET PAID IN FULL AS I FILED BK TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM THESE DOLTS.

Purely, stupid logic on their part.  Very stupid.

@vish1 wrote:

I am sorry if I sound crazy, but I am unable to understand what's chase's fault in this? Am I missing something

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

You should have bought a Honda Civic. Smiley Very Happy Great gas mileage, reliable, and cheaper, too.

Oh hell no.  Absolutely, never, no.Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 37
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Oh My Goodness! That is SO [Edited] 

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.