Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

God I hate Chase...

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: God I hate Chase

@ChaseBankSucks wrote:

Finally some action taken against Chase, check out this press release.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/4/prweb10665204.htm 

Strong username to post content ratio

Smiley LOL

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 21 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: God I hate Chase...

Chase isn't all that bad....

Sure, they jacked my apr up on my old Wamu Platinum account from 9% to 19.99%- I closed the account. They refused to waive an overlimit fee for me in 2009- closed it and pif. They have even charged me for a money order.
JPMorgan is one of the most stable financial institutions we have in America.

Besides all of that, my nearly maxxed out $5k Freedom at 0% is saving me a s*** ton of interest!!!! Muahahhaha ssuuuuuck on that, Chase!

Citi and BOA are the real culprits here 😳.

To the OP, it seems that Chase doesn't want your business. Take it elsewhere!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 37
john398
Senior Contributor

wow a 2 year old thread enough said

Message 23 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

wow a 2 year old thread enough said

After reading the whole thread i find that out.....

fail.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

@ChaseBankSucks wrote:

Finally some action taken against Chase, check out this press release.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/4/prweb10665204.htm 

how is this lawsuit even related to the OP's problem?

2 year old thread as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 37
vish1
Valued Contributor

From the user name of the guy who posted this link, I would think someone is really pissed off at Chase. There is nothing related to OP about the link.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 26 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@vish1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is really very simple.  Chase had two options;

Option A

Choose to be paid IN FULL by General Motors per GM attorney letter, notarized, signed by CFO, with funding shown by GM, and relinquish vehicle to me, to be picked up by GM

OR

Option B

Decline to be PAID IN FULL by General Motors per GM attorney letter, notarized, signed by CFO and sue ME for difference between what they sold it for at auction and what was owed.

In doing so, they DID NOT GET PAID IN FULL AS I FILED BK TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM THESE DOLTS.

Purely, stupid logic on their part.  Very stupid.

@vish1 wrote:

I am sorry if I sound crazy, but I am unable to understand what's chase's fault in this? Am I missing something

Though its a personal opinion, but chase was in no contract with GM (they had a contract with you though) and what looks like a simple decision (take money from GM) would probably need a whole lot of legal stuff.

IMO, no matter how stupid their decision looked, Chase took the right business decision. Why would they get into the process of working with you and fulfill all the documentation that GM would want to fulfill before they would pay chase if et al (the fine print thingie).

At the end of the day, the fault was all GMs (neither you nor chase), why won't they trust Chase and pay up first and then get the car?

If you look at the end result, you also took a hit there (primarily because of the fault of GM)

Please don't take any of this personally, its just my opinion.

+1

Everyone's experience will vary with any financial institution.  I have been banking with them when they were 4 separate entities/pre-mergers (Bank One, First Chicago & Chemical/Chase Manhattan Bank - business and personal accounts for the last 15-20 years).   Never had had any major issues. 

Message 27 of 37
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I just read this entire thread not realizing it is 3 yrs old.

My attention to detail is suffering....I need to go to bed.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 28 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OMG. Why do people do this! I get tricked into these old threads ALL THE TIME, you dirty tricks. LLOOOLLL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 37
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I was wondering who LilMirth (moderator emerita) was and why I've never seen a post from him/her.

Lol
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.